6. Kihyun

"do you have to be that annoyingly cute all the time?" I huffed at kihyun.
He ignored my comment and continued to do mindless aegyo in the mirror.
"you're not even the maknae" I reminded him.
He continued to ignore me.
We were in the practice room of  starship, we seemed to be in here a lot lately. Not like we ever actually practiced anything but the practice room felt more like home than the dorms did.

I was thankful for kihyun being around so much even though him and his members did have events to practice for. I'm just a trainee but kihyun and i have been friends since we were kids and we entered starship together.

"can I tell you something?" he said still looking in the mirror.
I nodded, knowing he would see my movement in the reflection.
"I-" he was cut off in that moment, by the group of boys known as monsta x, barging into the room loudly.

The room then filled with several different loud conversations. I sighed loudly at the boys who seemed to have endless energy.

I silently left the room so they could get to practicing .

.
.
.
.

I could hear kihyun singing from down the hall. The song wasn't familiar to me so it was probably something new he was working on.
I stopped in front of the door before knocking and pulling on the handle.
It was locked.
I waited for him to open the door but he never came.

I slumped down next to the door and continued to listen in on his practice. He practiced the same unknown song over and over for hours but I sat there and listened.
He truly had an amazing voice.

I guess I had fallen asleep - I was being shaken awake by the one and only kihyun.
"What are you doing out here?" he questioned.
I just shrugged and stood up. He didn't question me anymore and we walked comfortably back down to the practice room.
Once we were back in our comfort zone, I commented on the song he was practicing. He seemed embarrassed about the love song he had been belting all day.
"It's for a very special person," was all he told me about the mysterious song.

.
.
.
.

It had been a couple of weeks now since the first time I had heard kihyuns love song. He practiced everyday and I loved to listen in, even when he would "forbid" me from hearing the song before it was perfected.

I had theories of what the song meant and who it was for - my attempts at prying this information from kihyun had failed many times. He said it would all be revealed soon and I was beyond excited for it.

.
.
.

Me and the boys of Monsta X had been summoned to the practice room by kihyun today. We all sat on the long black couch in the corner of the room and waited for kihyun to make his appearance.
The energy in the room was odd as we all wondered what was going to happen.

That's when kihyun walked in the room - performance outfit on point and microphone in hand.
It was time for his song to be revealed.
My heart beat faster at the fact that this song was directed at me. We had been friends for so long that I didn't even think that he would feel this way towards me. My cheeks turned pink as the music started through the room.

*one love-monsta x plays (minus the rap, use your imagination)*

every jaw had dropped in the room as kihyun flawlessly performed in front of our eyes.
He finished the song and stood before us catching his breath.

I was about to run up and hug him when suddenly he pulled open the jacket he was wearing and reveled his T shirt that expressed his feelings in the form of a heart and the name of his secret love :

Hyungwon

Just imagine all our confusion. Everyone looked back and forth at each other as hyungwon held a steady stare with kihyun.

hyungwon slowly stood from his seat on the couch and gracefully with his long legs walked to kihyun and embraced him in the most heartwarming hug I had ever seen.

I was totally shipping kiwon at that moment and I was happy that my childhood best friend finally got his feelings out.

-

A/N
this was going to be something much more cheesy but I changed my mind 😂 hope you enjoyed anyways . Thanks for reading!