Hyungwon

Glasses clinked, plates rattled, waiters and waitresses zoomed back and forth between the kitchen and the diners. My feet fell in sync with the movements of my coworkers as my arm struggled to hold my large tray of food through the mass of fast workers.
.

"Enjoy your meal" I smiled as I walked from one of my tables. I sighed as I checked the time on the old clock above the register. 3 more hours and I was out of here.
I entered the dance of busy servers towards the kitchen, finding my next order took a moment and I was out into the presence of hungry customers.
.
.
.
I could hear the seconds rhythmically ticking by as the last of the costumers cleared out.
Our nightly choreography of spinning brooms and twirling wash cloths began.
I was engrossed in scrubbing an unknown substance off of a table when I heard a sudden snore. The noise startled me, and I shot into defense mode.
A lone figure sat in the corner booth with an empty cup of coffee and their head of messy brown hair laid messily on the table. A quiet chuckle escaped my lips at the sight.
"Um excuse me?" I tapped the shoulder of the defeated figure.
Incoherent mumbles escaped their mouth.
I poked at them again until the figure lifted it's head and locked it's eyes with mine.
His face was handsome and I couldn't help but scan every bit of it from his chocolate brow eyes to his full pouty lips.
His hands slowly rose up and rubbed his sleepy eyes.
"Good morning" I laughed.
His sweet smile appeared and then was replaced by a panicked look.
"What time is it?!" He exclaimed.
I peeked at the clock.
"It's 10pm" I told him.
"I'm late! I can't believe I fell asleep!" He frantically stood up and pulled his phone out of his back pocket.
"Ahh I have 30 minutes to get there! I won't make it in time on foot!"
Poor guy.
He paused as the wheels in his brain shifted into overdrive.
His distance look suddenly locked in on me .
"You! Do you have a car?!" He bursted.
"I-I do" I answered.
"Please please please" His hands clasped together tightly. "Please give me a ride to the airport"
.
.
.
The car was mostly silent besides the aggressive sound of his fingers hitting his phone screen.
"Hey, uh What's your name, by the way?" I asked slowly.
He lifted his head from his screen to answer, "Hyungwon"
"How'd you end up in this situation, Hyungwon?" I chuckled lightly.

He took a deep breath before answering.
"I just wanted a cup of coffee to kill time before I had to come to the airport but it felt so nice and warm that I guess I fell asleep"
He seemed embarrassed as he explained.
"I'm not sure how I slept through the 3000 messages my friends left me"

We got to the airport faster than he could have made it on foot.
"Thank you so much you're a life safer!" He yelled as he scrounged up his luggage. "Bye!"
I laughed at his clumsy movements as he made his way towards the airport entrance.
.
.
.
I slumped into a booth with a glass of lemonade in my hand.
Break time was my favorite time.
I stretched my legs and rolled out my neck with a deep sigh.
I scrolled mindlessly on Twitter when a video caught my eye.
A group of idols walked proudly through the airport pulling along their luggage in a flawless way. Fans screamed and were excited at the sight.

A familiar lanky mess of brown hair caught my eye as he strutted down the make-believe runway. He looked confident and comfortable as he followed the other members.

A missed step caused the tall boy to messily hit his feet together and I couldn't help laughing out loud.
"Hyungwon" I laughed to myself.
The sleepy boy in the diner was a clumsy idol as well.