Minhyuk

It was Monday morning.
Yes fantastic, right? <- that's sarcasm

I was minding my own business waiting at the bus stop with my headphones in.
Headphones are a typical sign of "don't talk to me right now", or at least I thought it was.
Like I'm on my way to work early-ish on a Monday morning, I don't really wanna chat with anyone while I wait for a big smelly city bus.

That's when a pale hand crept up and tapped me on the shoulder.
Firstly, that scared the hell out of me. And secondly, yeah no, not today, buddy.
My face was in an automatic mess of sass as I faced the culprit that invaded my bubble of morning hate.

Oh shit, he's cute. Sigh.

His mouth was moving but I heard nothing as the music in my ears continued to blast. He looked at me expectedly waiting for me to remove my headphones. So with a deep sigh I pulled those little shits out of my ears.

"yes, what?" I asked.
"Do you happen to have a band aid?" He asked with a straight face. Yeah, totes dude, let me just get out my full medical kit.
"uh no, sorry" I stated. I started putting my headphones back in when he grabbed my wrist to stop me.
"It's just that I scraped my knee falling for you" BOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII no.
He was obviously amused with himself with his stupid line and as cute as he was, I was not gonna react to that this early. Boi bye. I shoved my headphones back in.
He didn't try to say anything again and eventually the bus came and we both got on to our destinations.
--//--
It had been uneventful so far at the bookstore I worked at. But it was finally my lunch break.
I headed for a nearby cafe that I went to almost everyday.

I sat down heavily with my food and popped my headphones in for some barrier between me and the world as I ate.
Again, a pale hand appeared in my line of vision and pulled out the chair across from me. There sat a familiar face with a familiar grin. Oh great.
I looked at him blankly as he sat there smiling at me.
He motioned me to take out my headphones. And here I thought I was going to enjoy some peace with my food.

"Funny seeing you here" he laughed.
"Mhmm" was all I answered.
"You know if their desserts are any good?"
"don't know" who does this guy think he is? Headphones means no talkie!
"Hm, I'm just trying to find where I can get a cutie pie like you"

did - did he just?
nope. still too early for this.
My eyes almost rolled out of my head.

"I gotta get back to work" I said, and I grabbed my things and left.

What a strange guy.
---
The day was way too slow. It seemed to take forever till I finally got to go home.
As I walked out of the store I collided with someone.
"I'm so sorry!" I was immediately apologizing. A pair of pale hands with long slender fingers stopped me from falling to the group.
"it's all good!" he said. And it was him again.
Same silly grin, same mischievous eyes. Alright let's get this encounter over with.

"Oh it's you" I drily responded.
"The one and only" he smiled.
Jeez he was cute.

I started to walk away when his fingers closed around my arm. I swung around to face him.
"What?"

"Do you mind if I walk you home?"
"Uh I'm going to the bus stop"
"My mom always told me to follow my dreams" he winked. "So let's go"

This dude wasn't gonna let up on this. I didn't answer but kept walking towards the bus stop. He seemed like a nice guy but I just can't with these lines.

"Your hand looks heavy"
"What?"
"Let me hold it for you"
Eye roll intensifies.
"Alright that one wasn't that bad" I said. "Nice try."

The bus came just in time to run for it.
I thought I would be safe to put my headphones in but he cute guy decided to plop down next to me. The 10 minute ride consisted of him telling me about his day and it actually wasn't too bad. He was nice, cute and had a great voice.
Our stop where we had met this morning came up and we both walked off the bus.
"Well, I guess I'll get going" I said ready to sprint away.
"Is your name wifi?"
That's right, we never told each other our names.
"I don't think so" I laughed.
"Well I'm feeling a connection."
I laughed again at that.
"Okay you got me at that one"

"Glad I finally got you to smile" he looked very pleased with himself.
"So do you have a name?" He asked. "Or can I call you mine?"

"I'm y/n" I said, trying not to completely cringe. But I laughed for his sake.

"I'm minhyuk" he smiled.