Jooheon - Birthday Special

"Chocolate, please," I told the clerk. "That's his favorite"

"What name would you like me to put on it?" She asked.

"Honey"

Today was a special day.
I had been planning it for a while now.
The boys would occupy Jooheon with practice as I grabbed the necessities and then they would bring him down stairs to his surprise party!

The most difficult part would be keeping it secret while we're in the same building.

The cake was dealt with now.
Next I had to pick up decorations.
His favorite color is red, so that's what I'm gonna make happen.

Balloons, streamers, dorky party hats
He'll love it!

-
"Is the coast clear?" I asked Shownu as he led me into the Starship building.
"All clear!" He stated. "They should all still be in the practice room upstairs"

"Okay so I'll give you another 30 minutes and we'll come down!"

I gave him a thumbs up. The room was boring looking so I got to work on the decorations.
Hanging up the streamers was a struggle but after climbing on tables and chairs the room already looked much better.

I ordered food from the boys favorite jajangmyeon restaurant. I hope Jooheon will like all of this.

I made it through 2 1/2 balloons before my lungs weren't having it anymore. I needed help.

I recruited Minhyuk through Shownu, he seemed like he would have the most ability to blow.

Minhyuk excused himself from the practice to run down and help me fill the rest of the balloons.
We went as fast as we could, our jaws were clenching from so many balloons but it would be worth it to see Jooheons surprise.

When we were done, Minhyuk ran back upstairs and I went to receive our food order at the building entrance.

My hands were full with the two large bags of food, I made my way back to the party room.

"Hey!" I heard a voice call. I stopped in my tracks, I know that voice.

Jooheon walked down the stairs on my right. I tried to hide the bags behind my back but like yeah that's not gonna happen.

"What are you doing here?" He laughed.
My brain worked fast on a lie.
"Uh I'm bringing K.Will and MadClown dinner"
I wasn't even sure if they were in the building at the moment but they would have to be my lie for now.
"Ohh," he said. "That's nice"
He seemed disappointed.
Ahh I'm sorry Jooheon.
"Well I'll let you go so it doesn't get cold"
We said our goodbye and he walked back up the stairs.
I felt terrible but I knew that this was all for him.

I rushed back to the room and let Shownu know I was all set up.

I put on one of the pointy hats and lit the candles on the cake.
Wow. 23.

I dimmed the lights and I heard the rambunctious group of boys walk towards the door.

The door opened and they pushed Jooheon in first.

"Happy Birthday!" We all yelled.
His surprise face was the most amazing thing ever.
We continued to singing the Birthday song.
"I thought you all forgot!" Jooheon exclaimed.
"It wouldn't be surprising enough if we didn't pretend to forget" Shownu told him.

Jooheon blew his candles out and smiled at me.
"So that jajangmyeon is for us, right?"

"Yes, yes of course" I laughed.
"Thank you guys!" He yelled.

We group hugged. Everyone was happy that Jooheon was happy.

Happy Birthday Jooheon,
On October 6th 1994
The world gained such a passionate beautiful person.