7. Jooheon

I caught myself watching him again.
I knew I wasn't supposed to give any of the members any special attention but I couldn't help it.
I was just a staff member; they were the real talent.

I got to spend a lot of time around the boys of monsta x but we never really made contact. I was always a few feet away but our paths never completely crossed.
He didn't know I existed but jooheon caught my eye almost instantly.

He's so sweet with fans and his members. He's polite to the staff and everyone he comes into contact with. And the amount of talent that was held inside this one person was magnificent. Not to mention that he was incredibly handsome and his dimples were to die for.
I guess I thought about him a lot. He was distracting me from my job.

My favorite part was being able to see monsta x up close at fanmeets when they could interact with their fans. I dreamt of being one of those lucky fans that got to experience jooheon first hand...

.
.
.

Today the boys had a fanmeet in Japan which meant we would have to gather them and the staff for a trip to the airport and then get everyone through security and onto a plane. This was definitely one of the most difficult parts of traveling with them.

-

It seemed to take hours but finally all members and staff members were accounted for and boarding the plane.

Some would say it was luck but I would say it was a curse when I found my seat and saw the most adorable dimpled smile looking back at me.

I sat down next to the one and only Jooheon and I could feel the heat rise to my face. I'm guessing this was the doing of a certain coworker since we usually put all the members sitting together.

I put my headphones in for the duration of the flight, occasionally sneaking glances at the beautiful man next to me. He also had headphones in and seemed to be enjoying the music as he silently sang and rapped along.

-

I spent my time avoiding Jooheon for the rest of the preparation for the fanmeet. Which was very difficult to do when I was supposed to seat them and make sure they knew what was going on.

Finally it was time for the event to start and there I was again, just out of reach of being one of those lucky fans. They all seemed so happy after going through the boys.
.
.
.

The last of the fans were at the end of the line now and I think i lost my mind .
I got up from my spot in the back and I walked to the front of the table.
My mind hadn't caught up to my body yet but I was now leaning down to Minhyuk who looked very confused. I talked to them how I had always wished I could-as a fan.

One by one I went down the line, shaking hands with the members and talking with them for a moment.
I knew at the end sat Jooheon and I was ready to speak to him as a fan of his work.

I smiled politely and he grabbed my hands, just as I had seen him do with so many fans before.
"Hi, (y/n)!" He smiled.
I instantly froze at the sound of my name. He knew my name?! But I'm just a staff member.
I pushed through the blush that was warming my cheeks and expressed my appreciation for his hard work and his amazing talent.

He smiled wider and his eyes seemed to melt me from the inside out.
"I appreciate all you do for monsta x" he said to me. "I've seen how hard you work for us"
And my heart melted.
I was just a puddle of a staff member now.

He knew I existed. He knew my name. He knew what I did for them.

I thanked him. Probably a little too much. But I had finally gotten to experience what normal fans usually experience.
I would always admire Jooheon and Monsta X. They were great talented boys and they worked hard to get where they are.

"Let's get coffee when we get back to Korea" was the last thing he said. I nodded and went back to my position in the back of the room with the rest of the staff members.
.
.
.
.

We did get coffee when we got back. And I got to experience Jooheon as a friend,outside of work, for the first time.

We're still great friends. We go to coffee often and I will continue to work hard as a staff member so that monsta x will continue to succeed.