Chapter 8 (Izna's Life)

Izna lived so many years in a foreign country and she grew up over there itself. She absorbed the norms of that country.

Though her parents were very reserved and pious Izna turned out to be very different while staying in Australia, she was carefree, she liked partying late night and having fun with friends was her daily routine.

Her parents were also helpless as there was freedom of choice in that country and they feared if they interfered in Izna's life they might lose her forever. Izna did not share much about her private life with anyone as she believed in solving her problems by herself.

She would not care about coming home late and sometimes staying out whole night. She endured many things alone. She was not happy with her life though she had everything, money, name, fame, success, luxury the only thing she lacked was parental love and support...

Izna was not like that , this change came after she migrated to Australia. Her parents became really busy with their respective job so they could barely give Izna time and love as well. Izna wanted to create her own personality and be someone in life ever since she was a kid.

But after seeing her parents gone away from her she felt desperate with life. Everything was so perfect in her life until her elder sister, Rumaisah insists that they should migrate abroad for a better job and so they might earn a good salary. Izna did not want to go but she was helpless.

After migrating to Australia, 5years later her mother gave birth to a baby boy, Ajmal after which all her mother's time and affection went only for the little baby. Izna was left alone but she did not complain even once as there was a lack of communication between her parents and her. She remained silent and watched everything going on around her.

She joined a college after her studies in a primary school, there she met different kinds of youngsters from different family background. Her best friend's name was Sheena, whose originality was Australian.

Izna would share everything with her. They were the best buddies and they grew up together and were friends for more than 5 years. Izna found the 'family' happiness in her best friend. She made Sheena the most important person in her life. They would have fun, roam and enjoy together.

At the age of 16, Sheena got a boyfriend, Terry who was 20 years old and soon the 3 of them were best buddies. Their gang increased. Terry was a type of vagabond but a really good friend. He used to smoke and Sheena learned how to smoke because she loved him. Izna being part of that gang had to learn smoking also.

Very soon, Izna's life changed, she no longer remained the same. She was not interested with religious affairs rather she used to go partying with Sheena and Terry, they would go to disco and at times Izna would drink alcohol and get drunk.

Izna forgot about her values and the teachings of her parents. She enjoyed being intoxicated and spending time with her friends. She got drowned so much in alcohol and smoking that she felt it was the only way for her to forget about her sorrows.

One night Terry took her to a guest house as Sheena was not present that night and Terry took advantage of her being intoxicated. Izna had no sense where was she and with whom. Izna did not do anything rather she allowed Terry to sleep with her.

In the morning when Izna woke up, she found herself lying in the bed, nude, next to Terry and realized that something happened. All she was worried was about her best friend Sheena, what will she say to her. How will Sheena react? Terry played his game really well and told Izna that he fell in love with her and last night he could not resist himself and Izna fell in his trap.

Izna believed him as for her Terry was now the man of her life. She thought maybe Terry will support her for the rest of her life. Izna continue to lie to Sheena but she was not happy in doing so, she was actually helpless.

There Terry continued to take advantage of Izna and Izna realized it in late that Terry was only using her. After realizing how cheap Terry had been, she decided to tell Sheena about it because Izna was not the only girl who endured such a situation, Terry had been using other girls as well. As Izna approached her, she refused to believe her talks as for her Terry was only the truthful one. Izna was left heart-broken after which she decided to leave the college forever and to never meet Sheena and Terry again in her life.

Izna became silent at home and would stay in her room the whole day. She would not interact with others, it was difficult to understand her as she would not say a word.

Her parents got worried about her and thus decided to take her to a psychiatrist as she needed medical help. But Izna categorically refused. There was a lot going on in her mind. She thought why did all this happened to her only? What was her mistake? The only thing that came to her mind was her parents.

She did not get enough love, care and affection from her parents which led her get influenced by peer groups. For Izna, only her parents were responsible for the situation she had to face.

She was not able to differentiate between right and wrong. She went into severe depression and suffered from painful headache. Izna had to take anti-depression pills to get over her headache. She became a reserved girl and she stopped going out.

On the other hand, her parents were really shocked by her behavior. They constantly asked where did they lacked behind? Why Izna turned out to be like this? Then they thought about not giving her much attention and Izna lacked parental guidance that is why she went astray.

Her parents decided to change her environment and it was a good opportunity to take Izna back to her motherland where she would meet new people and who knows she might forget about her problems that she never shared with anyone...