New you

Adult years 0.4

The sun shined brightly over Taehyungs face, He breathed deeply, enjoying a different type of warmth.

"Good Morning." He turned to the door just as his boyfriend walked in with a plate full of food.

"Was it really necessary to wear a face mask?" Taehyung pouted as his boyfriend was also wearing gloves.

"Of course, I can't be sick when you are. Here," He helped him sit up and sat the tray on his legs. "I need to be at work in a few hours, so whatever you need tell me now."

Taehyung shook his head, then watched as Hoseok left. He sighed to himself. What he really wanted was for Hoseok to take a day off and sit next to him but he knew he wouldn't.

He had asked once about a year ago when Taehyung came down with the flue but the older boy just went on and on about how his coworkers would feel if he took useless days off.

He reached over and took his phone off the table and dialed an important number.

"Ah, Mr. Wang, this is Taehyung. I was calling to tell you that I've come down with something and won't be able to make it in tonight." Taehyung bit his lip waiting for a reply.

On the other side of the line, he heard laughter. "Oh Taehyung it's fine, take as long as you need to recover."

"Thank you, Mr. Wang. I'll try and get better as soon as possible."

"Yes yes, when I was your age I told my boss I couldn't come into work and you know what he told me? He said I'd be fired on the spot so you know what I did?"

"Got fired?"

"No, I went to work anyway and got everyone sick and then I got fired. Anyway, thank you for calling in."

He thanked Jackson again before hanging up.

/////

Taehyung started at himself in the bathroom mirror. He sighed again for the seventh time in the past five minutes. It had become a habit of his.

His eyes trailed over his chest then landed on the mark on his neck. He poked it then winced. He knew it was supposed to hurt but the type of hurt that felt good. But that just hurt.

He sighed again before getting into the shower and thinking of ways to spend his time alone.