Because of you

Adult years 0.9

Jungkook watched carefully as Taehyung starred at the sky. During their picnic, they didn't talk much but rather enjoyed each other in a peaceful matter. A few words would come out every now and then but not much to start up a conversation.

Now with the food all packed up and the moon shining over the two of them, he felt the need to say something. Before he could, Taehyung spoke first.

"I broke up with Hoseok."

"Oh," Was all Jungkook managed at the moment. A little but longer he decided to add something else. "Why, though?"

Taehyung shrugged, not looking away from the stars. "I just didn't feel happy anymore."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Ah you know," He stood up, brushing off his jeans. "just to get it out there. Just so you know." He sat on one of the swings, slowly pushing himself with his feet.

"You know," Jungkook followed him, standing next to the swing set. "When we were little, you hated going up high."

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Well, I'm an adult now so I think I'll be-" Before he could finish Jungkook pushed the chains quickly, causing him to squeal.

"I thought you said you were an adult now." Jungkook tried not to laugh as Taehyung made a horrified facial expression.

"Screw that. This thing is a death trap."

They continued to play games around the park. Such as Taehyungs favorites, like tag and freeze touch. Jungkook enjoyed seeing a smile on Taehyungs face. Doesn't matter how much he tried to deny it, he truly did love that boy. But now he had to play the friend game so Taehyung wouldn't leave again. Leave him again.

After hours of playing together, Taehyung bid Jungkook farewell. "I have to get going, we'll meet up later yeah?" Jungkook nodded, waving back as the blond boy disappeared behind the fence.

/////

Jungkook opened the door carefully, trying not to wake the sleeping bodies. He successfully made it past the living room but just as he got to the stairs the kitchen light flickered on. "Ha!" Jin yelled.

Jungkook jumped, making a weird noise. "What in the world are you doing? It's like one in the morning." He sat in one of the kitchen chairs across from him.

"I could ask you the same thing. I find it suspicious when someone says they'll come back and they never do." Jin smacked Jungkook on the side of the head earning a whine. "You stood Namjoon and I up."

Jungkook made a weird face. "Is that even possible?"

"Doesn't matter, where were you?" Jin crossed his arms and legs, waiting for a reply.

"Well mom, I invited Taehyung to a picnic."

"In the middle of the night?"

"Yes. In fact, it went so well that we will be hanging out again this week." Jungkook smiled at the thought.

"Ah, and 'I'm assuming he broke up with his boyfriend correct?"

"Why would you assume that?"

Jin smiled knowingly. "You've got that look. That 'I finally have a chance' look. I had the same look when Namjoon broke up with that girl."

Jungkook gasped dramatically. "He broke up with that girl to date another one? I thought Namjoon was smarter than that." He had to move quickly in order to escape the shoes Jin threw at him.

As he got to his room safely something dawned on him. He picked up his phone and click on the contact in mind. "Hey Tae, I was wondering, if you no longer live with Hoseok then where?"

On the other side of the line, he heard a giggle. "My mom. You know, the house we basically grew up in."

Jungkook stood next to the window, staring down the street. "Ah, but what about work? It's so far away from there."

"Yeah but you know, I could walk or you know, use his car until he eventually gets it back."

Jungkook bit his lip at his risky idea. "Or I could pick you up, you know friends give each other a ride all the time." He waited patiently for Taehyungs reply. The more he thought about it the more it seemed like something he should do.

"Um, sure yeah. Thanks, Jungkook."

"That's what friends are for." He said.

"Right, see you then. Goodnight."

"Night."

Just you|BTS|VKook|Boyxboyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें