Promise To Be Enemies

Okay, so I know that i should probably be doing productive things, like editing chapter 19. But when I went to do that, I got distracted by making mangas on Rinmarugames, and then I realizes that I couldn't not tell this story from Lanny and Aria's past. So without further ado, let us get into it!

Important things to note:

1) Aria is 11-years old in this story, and Lanny is 12. (In other words, Aria=Grade 6, Lanny=Grade 7)
2) This story takes place before they went to the magic school in Gondoa
3) There will be un-introduced characters in this story
4) I like cake
5) Steven Universe is great

Aria's POV

Ah yes, another lovely day in between classes, hanging out with my best friend Lanny Griffin, and our other friend, Mackenzie. Well, I shouldn't say that. Mackenzie is his friend, not mine.

I hate her.

She hates me back, and I know it. We only get along to make Lanny happy. Under any other circumstance, we are the worst of enemies.

There are many causes for this, like our constant competition to be the best piano student in the small village of Kanalis. She's coming up close, but I still hold the record of most musically inclined student at our school. We also compete to be the most popular band. That's another thing that we're nearly tied in. But there is one main reason as to why she sucks:

She likes Lanny. And so do I. A lot.

There is not one thing that will make a girl hate you more, than if you try to take her guy away. Not that Lanny's mine or anything. He doesn't even know I like him, but still.

Anyways, Mackenzie and Lanny are both a grade older than I am, so I have to go to the seventh-grade wing. They have the last class before break together, so it's not going to be hard to find both of them.

As I made my way down the hall, I thought about all the fun things we could do. Mackenzie was probably going to walk home with us (unfortunately), but I can put up with her for a while. We would probably go to my house after school, as it's one of the largest houses in town, and maybe we'd go to the park, or for ice-cream or something. Then Mackenzie would go home and I would have Lanny to myself.

I finally reached the room, after pushing through about four hundred billion people, and I looked inside. There wasn't a lot of people, but I could see my friend and that stupid ass sitting in their desks, talking. They hadn't noticed me standing in the doorway. I was about to go over and see what they were talking about, but a few words from Lanny made me stop short:

"-ve you, Mackenzie."

My heart stopped. I didn't hear exactly what he had said, but it sounded a whole hell of a lot like he was saying he loved her. The hell?!

Mackenzie noticed me, staring from the corner. She gave a triumphant smirk, and went back to talking to my best friend.

I left the room, not wanting to be there anymore. My eyes filled with tears, and I ran out to the school yard.

By the time I got outside, I had tears streaming down my face like a waterfall, and I could only think of one thing:

I hate him. I hate him. He loves her. He loves her and not me. I hate her.