Substitute Teacher

Vane's POV

"Hello class, my name is Mrs. Shlawshin," The old lady said, the moment we were all in the room. Apparently, Rana decided to ditch for the day. "I'm your substitute teacher for the day, as Rana has some business to take care of in the spirit realm. Before I start the lesson, can I get someone to do the attendance for me? So I can learn all of your names."

I smirked. She's not going to last for long.

"This should be fun," I heard Blaze mutter. "I'll do it for you, Mrs. Shlawshin." She raised her hand.

"Oh, thank you. You're so kind," Mrs. Shlawshin said as we all snickered. Blaze walked to the front of the room, and started reading names off from the list...kind of.

"Airhead, you here?"

"Hai!" Aria called, not looking up from her notebook.

"Water boy?"

"Here." Avon said.

"Awesome fantastic dragon? I'm definitely here." Blaze grinned as she checked her name off on the list. "...No one cares if idiot is here.

"Well I'm here." Bruce said, not amused. I laughed.

"Please don't call them funny names," The teacher tried to convince Blaze to stop. She failed, by the way.

Blaze ignored her. "Stormy?"

"Yo." Elisia called.

"Jasper?"

I started talking before he could answer, "You should know, Blaze. You were with little Jaspy Waspy this morning." I smirk, and she blushed.

"Young man at the back, could you please not interrupt." Mrs. Shlawshin was getting annoyed. "And young lady, please use their respected names."

"Doc?" Blaze ignored her again.

"Here."

"Builder dude?"

"Here."

"Maribronze?"

"That's not my name," Marigold said, glaring.

"Apparently you're here," Blaze mumbled, proceeding to write things on the page.

"Popsicle?"

"Here."

"Cool," Blaze laughed at her own pun, and Noelle rolled her eyes.

"Soul sucker?"

"HI!!" Sachiko was energetic as ever.

"Miss, I would like you to call everyone by their real names," Mrs. Shlawshin demanded.

Blaze, on the other hand, wasn't having it. "Hasn't anybody ever told you not to interrupt someone while they're speaking? Besides, I'm almost done."

"Partner in crime?" She looked at me with a mischievous grin. I just winked in response.

"Ma'am, please stop that at once!" The teacher yelled, angry.

"Zephira?"

"Here."

-----Later On-----

After Blaze's little show, Mrs. Shlawshin was in a bad mood. And Blaze...she was having too much fun.

"Next, we're going to the science lab to do experiments on anything of your choice..." She stopped talking when Blaze threw a paper airplane at Aria. "Blaze, stop fooling around!"

Blaze popped her gum and gave two thumbs-up.

"What you have to do," The teacher continued. "Is find out how weather resistant your object is. And Rana told me to tell Blaze, that her object can not be Bruce." She finished, confused by the last part.

"Aw, dammit." Blaze snapped her fingers.

"Anyway, I'm going to assign partners, starting with Aria and Avon."

"Acorn!" Blaze yelled, earning a glare, and a frustrated sigh from the teacher.

"Elisia and Zephira. Noelle and Sachiko. Marigold and Vane-" Marigold cut her off.

"Well, at least he's better than Blaze," She said.

"You're looking good today, Bronzy." I said, winking.

Marigold groaned, "Nevermind."

"Blaze and Bruce-" Mrs. Shlawshin was cut off again, this time by every student in the class.

"And, we're all doomed." Sachiko threw her hands into the air in defeat.

"You trying to kill us?!" Lucas exclaimed.

I just smirked. "When your teacher is really dumb.

"Vane, I won't tolerate that kind of behaviour. I expect that you'll be more polite from now on." Shlawshin scolded me, but I ignored her. "And I don't care what you guys have to say, because the fact of the matter is, I cannot trust you." The teacher was absolutely fed up with us at this point. "Whoever's left, you a group of three." Which was Jasper, Lanny, and Lucas.

"Onwards, peasants!" Blaze yelled, pointing to the door. Mrs. Shlawshin just sighed.

-----Not Even An Hour Later-----

I was standing at the back of the room, with my arms folded in front of my chest, laughing. Let's just say...Bruce is looking a little...green. Actually, the whole room was green, and so was Mrs. Shlawshin. She was the only one, aside from Bruce, who wasn't used to ducking under the table, when one of Blaze's experiments, went horribly wrong.

To put it simply, Blaze didn't follow the experiment plan, as usual, and just built a volcano instead. You see, Blaze and I decided to make things interesting. Marigold decided to use a plant as her object, and well, I took it, and put it in Blaze's volcano. Suddenly, BAM!! Green stuff everywhere!

"I AM DONE!! THIS CLASS IS TOO MUCH!!" Shlawshin stormed out of the door. "AND IF I EVER HAVE TO SEE YOU GUYS AGAIN, IT'LL BE TOO SOON!!!"

Everyone looked at Blaze and I, then at Bruce, then the door, and we all burst out laughing.

"Oh my- We are dead!" Aria cried between laughs. "Wait till Rana hears about this!"

"I already have," Rana appeared in the doorway.

She didn't look happy. "Oh shit," I said.

A/N-- Yeah yeah, Dixie wrote this, I have to credit my math teacher for giving us the name for Mrs. Shlawshin, and I have like, three more side stories I have to finish by the end of the week, so I'm not even going to write a good author's note.

Bye!

~Ninja