Alby, a [Petty] Intellectual

I've been with the diviners for about a week now. They are an interesting little group with weird personalities and odd quirks. A normal personal might be set off by this, but it only intrigued me more.

Since I fit so awkwardly into society's norm, my devilish powers fit right into the the unique mix of magical powers that of the diviners. It's also super entertaining to mess with them. I absolutely love it when you get a naive Marigold to believe that you've actually been to hell and had tea with the devil.

Other than the daily dose of trickery, I'm for the most part kind. Maybe this is why Rana agreed to let me to be a part of her class.

A mistake on her part.

I tend to be a little chaotic. It's natural for a demon to be naughty at times. It's a lot better than being evil or your stereotypical villain. That's why I take every opportunity handed to me. Especially ones handed to me on a silver platter.

Let me tell you the story of how I permanently got kicked out of class.

You see, the diviners were doing a test and were sitting in silence like good students, while Rana sat at her desk grading papers, taking a sip of coffee occasionally.

I've cheated on every single test I've ever completed so it confused me to see all sixteen students so focused on theirs. How did they get such good grades?

I looked around again. No one was whispering to share answers. No one was peering at the desk beside them. And everyone was scribbling away at their papers. Maybe they had the answers written on their hands?

My thoughts were interrupted by Rana.

"Alby, I need to go refill my coffee. Do you mind being in charge until I get back? It shouldn't take longer then 5 minutes," she said already at the door.

"Can I sit in your chair then?" I said with hushed excitement. I made sure to use my most innocent puppy eyes.

Rana's professional posture softened "Yeah why not," she answered, shutting the door behind her as she left.

I smirked. Smart choice.

I made my way to her chair and flopped down. I breathed in my newfound authority as I then decided to make my new friends even more successful than they already were. I'm nice that way.

I began opening up her desk drawers and rummaging around folders and pencils. Avon, who was sitting in the very front peered at me through his glasses.

"What are you doing?" he asked. This got everyone's attention.

"Nothing," I replied, opening a different drawer.

"Doesn't look like nothing."

"That's because I was lying."

Avon was taken aback as I opened a dark green folder and pulled out the answer key for the test.

"Question number one is b," I stated.

"Hey! You can't-"

"Number two- d," I cut Avon off. Everyone stared at me shocked but still found themselves checking their previous answers from before. I continued to ignore Avon's protests as I went along.

Like I said, being chaotic is in my nature.

This went on for a couple more minutes, before Rana barged into the room, finding me with my feet on top of her desk calling out; "Fourteen- c."

Let's just say that I wasn't trusted by her ever again.

Another week went by with me over exaggerating smiles and giving big waves to Rana passing by, only to be returned with a cold stare.