Previously Chapter 6 - Football

After Class - Freetime - Friday - 6 Hours Until Curfew

May 16

Blaze's POV

It was free time right now and we were playing football, the one sport where I'm aloud to hurt people and I don't get in trouble for it. Right now Lucas and Jasper were captains and were picking people to be on their team. To decide who gets first pick, they played rock, paper, scissors. Lucas ended up winning. He looked between the other five of us playing (7 in total). Lanny, Aria and Marigold decided to just watch since they weren't big fans of sports. Noelle wanted to stay inside, because it was hot out, and her being an ice mage....well you get that she would just rather stay in her kind of weather. And Vane being him, decided to go with Noelle to annoy her. I think he secretly likes her though. Lucas' eyes rest on me, "Blaze," he chooses. Lucas then smirked at Jasper as he looked away. Now it was Jasper's turn. "Bruce," Jasper picked.

"Do you think that's such a good idea?" Lanny called from the sidelines. "I don't want to heal another injured Bruce."

Shut up Lanny! If he's on the opposite team then I can pulverize him.

"I think Bruce can handle himself," Lucas waved it off.

Sure he can. Cue evil laugh

After another minute, everyone was picked. These were the teams:

Team 1: Jasper, Bruce, Sachiko and Zephira.

Team 2: Lucas, Elisia, Avon and myself.

Jasper's team lined up on their side of the field in the middle. Bruce was on the end of the line. I smirked. This is going to be fun. I lined up across from him, making him the person I get to block and maybe tackle.

Since my team got first pick the other team starts with the ball.

"Hut!" Jasper called snapping it to Zephira who then passed it to Sachiko. She then took off, running down the field. Avon was right on her tail though. Just as Avon was about to tackle her, she passed it to Bruce. I saw him gulp and look at me in fear. I grinned, and dashed toward him.

He took off running, the wrong way may I add. "You're not getting away from me you GraLu shipper!" I was gaining ground on him. Bruce then threw the ball behind him landing on the grass a few feet away from me making it a dead ball. Usually that is when you would stop and start the next round from where the ball was last caught, but I kept pursuing him. In the background I hear Aria laughing and saying that she knew this was going to happen and Lanny telling me not to hurt him. Of course, I didn't listen to him and once I was close enough I dived for him, successfully bringing him to the ground, face first in the dirt. I sat on his back, smiling victorious.

"Haha, I got you!"

"I'm out! I'm never playing another game if Blaze is also participating in it!" He got out from under me and walked off the field with a slight limp.

"But now it's uneven," Zephira said.

"I'll drop out," Avon raises his hand.
He doesn't like sports that much either, but he's a team player so he joined to make sure the teams were even.

"Ok, then lets get back to the game," Elisia said, as we lined up again.

"Hut!" Jasper snapped it again to Zephira. You could tell that she wanted to pass it to Sachiko, but she was being guarded by Elisia. So she made a break for it, running as fast as she could. I quickly caught up to her though and I dived to tackle her but she was smart enough to through it in the air, where Sachiko broke away from Elisia and caught the football. Once she had it safely in her arms she continued the path down the field. I got up and started to run again. She took a bit longer to catch up with, but I got close enough to make another dive, but before I could, she passed it to Jasper.