Previously Chapter 20 - Jasper's Birthday

Before Class - Morning - Tuesday - 16 Hours & 15 Minutes Until Curfew

May 27

Jasper's POV

"Happy birthday Jasper!!" Blaze barged into my dorm room, yelling at the top of her lungs. For someone so small, she sure can yell loud. Did I also mention that it's eight in the morning? A great birthday present would be the ability to sleep in.

"It's so early," I mumbled, pulling the blankets over my head.

"But it's your birthday. We have to make the most of it," she pulled the blanket down, peering at my face.

"I wanna sleep," I said, trying my best to do so.

"But I got you something," she whined.

"How about this- let me sleep for another two hours and then I'll wake up. Because I have plans for my birthday too," I offered, sincerely hoping that she would take the deal.

Blaze thought of this for a moment," Okay... I just want your birthday to be special."

"And it will be, as long as you're celebrating it with me," I said, and she blushed.

"I'll leave you alone then," she turned around to leave, but I grabbed her wrist, stopping her. I lifted the covers and pulled her underneath. Getting the idea she snuggled closer and shut her eyes.

"Goodnight," I mumbled, closing my eyes.

"Good morning," Blaze corrected, and I chuckled.

---------2 Hours Later---------

I woke up to see Blaze staring at me and playing with my hair, running her fingers through it.

"Were you staring at me that whole time?" I asked.

"Well... I tried falling asleep, but I just couldn't. I don't usually sleep past six," Blaze explained.

"That didn't answer my question," I smirked.

"Nooooo........." she dragged out.

"I don't believe yoooooooou," I retaliated.

"That's not important," she changed the subject. "What's important is that I got you this," she handed me a wrapped gift. I looked at her, knowing full well that she stared at me for a two whole hours, and then deciding to just letting it slide.

I proceeded to open the box. I peeled off the tape, very, very slowly. One by one. Watching Blaze get more irritated by the second. I then slowly untied the ribbon. About half way through, she ripped the box out of my hands.

"Ugh! You go to slow!" She exclaimed as she ripped the paper off and handed it back to me. I lifted out a pair of basketball shoes and smiled. "I've been wanting a new pair. Thanks Blaze."

Blaze looked down, her hair blocking her red face. "You're welcome."

I lifted her chin up, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. I chuckled, "You're cute when you blush."

This statement did not make her blush less, just so you know.

"So is there anything special you want to do for your birthday?" She asked, getting the subject off of her.

"I've got it all planned out," I answered. "But it depends...Blaze will you go on a date with me?"

Her face lit up, "I'd love too!"

I chuckled again. "Go get ready and meet me outside."

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see," I smiled.