Chapter 1

This chapter is dedicated to MesmerizingGold for the best best friend ever!! <3
The paragraph with the number '1' at the beginning is a special paragraph dedication. :) 

Author's note: Hey everyone! I've decided to start another book with the irresistible Josh Hutcherson. I came up with a camp romance, so here it is! I hope you like!! Tori98

Thanks so much to ourhours for making my trailer!! :) Check her out!! :) 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Chapter 1

So happens, my step mother didn’t think having me in the house was a good idea. I don’t know why. I was only of seventeen and believe me, I don’t know any seventeen year olds who have moved out already. Especially when I’m still at school. 

To be honest, my one parent and step, frustrated me. I loved my dad but, of course, he took her side so she didn’t leave him, which I didn’t find completely fair. I should come first. I’m his daughter and she’s his girlfriend! Well, fiancè, fine, new wife. Mum had died a few years ago, that day was so hard. 

Looking back on photographs of my parents in their youth days, they seemed so utterly in love, something so romantic and cute that it made me smile every time I glanced at a photo. The ones of dad hugging her from behind or the one where they sat in a field and he put daises in her hair. One day, I hoped for a relationship so similar to theirs. They were made for each other, which meant the passing of her, made it extremely hard for him, I couldn’t even bare to look at the sadness that drowned his face. I suppose he tried desperately to find someone so much like my mother, and Michelle just didn’t make up for one bit of it. Most kids found it hard to talk about their parents death, but I loved talking about my mother, it makes me remember. 

“Scarlett!” My dad calls from downstairs. 

I roll my eyes and begin to trudge down the stairs. 

'What?" I ask, folding my arms as I sat down on the lounge. 

Michelle sneers at me. 

"Don't speak to him like that Scarlett!"

I roll my eyes again, which is something that has become a little more regular, since I've been around her. I don't know how much more I could take of all this. 

"What are your problems?" I finally demand, standing up from the lounge. 

They both stare at me, without a word. My dad looks uneasy, though I wouldn't know why. And I begin to become curious. 

"What have I done so wrong!"

"Michelle,' my dad starts, 'a-and I, a'aren't r-really happy with the, the w-way you've been acting lately," he stutters. 

I scoff. 

"Like what?" I ask. 

Michelle spoke before dad could. 

"Your lazy you know? 'You leave bits of toast in the butter, disgusting."

That's when I start to laugh.

"What's so funny?" Michelle demands. 

"Are you serious!" 

"Now Scarlett," Dad warns me. 

"Oh stop dad,' I say, so I could finish. 'Michelle, it's a tub of butter, 'get the knife and wipe it out.'  I begin to walk off. 'And you think I'm lazy. . . " I mumble under my breath, climbing the stairs.