Chapter 14

Author's Note: If you want a dedication, just ask :) It may be pretty short!! :O

Chapter 14

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I woke up, wondering where I was. Then I remembered I had moved cabins. I had been so used to the other one. I looked over to a peaceful looking Addie who stay snuggled in her sheets and blankets. I yawn and scratch my head. I think back to last night, with Addie, just laughing and having a good time. Then a dark figure crossed my mind. That's right. I had seen Josh walking out across the grounds. Ugh, gone off to another girl. I scoff at the thought and pull the blankets from my legs. I got goosebumps immediately. I shivered off to the bathroom where I stripped from my static pajama's and let the warm silk of water run over my skin. I thought about what we'd end up doing today at camp. Were their any activties left to do? If we had done rock climbing again yesterday, then we'd probably be repeating another one. I hoped it was fencing. . . or archery would be even better. . .just so I could just shoot Jack in the head. . . by accident. And then I'd shoot Brittany. That would shut her barbie laugh up. I put myself into a shooting position then chuckled. I came back to reality when water went up my nose. I quickly.  .well, I did this cough sniff thing. I can't believe I just imagined killing two people. Now that was horrible. I peered at the shower head, like I was blaming it. "Must be this water," I mumble. 

I quickly turn the taps, cutting off the water. I was afraid I would end up killing Morgan in the night. 

It's not until I open the cabin door that I realise how bad the weather is. A huge, icy gust of wind slapped my face and made it's way through every tiny stitching in my clothes, pinching every cell of my body. It's pouring, each drop, slashing against the puddle already there. I shut the door and turn to Addie. She's just woken up. Damn wind. Argh, first I'm blaming the water, now the wind. 

"Sorry," I say, walking over to my bed and pulling up the sheets. 

She rubs her eyes and stretches. She even looks delicate doing that. I finish making my bed when she's out of her blankets. She's grabbed some clothes and walks toward the shower when she stops and looks out the window. Her eye's widen. 

"There's going to be a massive flood!" She jokes. 

I don't laugh though, I'm thinking of other things. She doesn't seem to mind though and soon I'm left alone once she's shut the door. I hear the water start. I sit down on my now made bed. I sigh, as thoughts of boys come back into my mind. But why? I'd never date anyone here, I don't even know why I did! This is a detention camp! I don't want to go out with criminals! Let alone marry one! I want a boy from the realistic and good world. I don't ever want a guy like Jack or, or. . . .Josh. 

Addie has just come out of the shower when there's a quick and frantic knock on our door. I open it, to find a squinty eyed Martha, in a bright yellow raincoat, waiting at the door. I let her come in, but she just stands by the closed door, so she doesn't wet any thing. Her running shows. 

"I, just, thought, I'd. . .I'd tell you, every. . . activity is c-cancelled," she puffs. 

We both nod, knowing that it would be. 

"But,' Martha continues. She's regained breath now. 'We are doing something down at the old storage hall." 

Addie and I are both listening intently now. 

"Every group has found a place to do something, like using the meeting rooms, the food hall, staff rooms, cabins and undercrofts. Penny, Michael and I got the storage hall."

"What are we doing?" I ask. 

"Art,' she smiles. 'Something creative." 

She's excited about it. So is Addie. I just hope it's not paper and glueing sequens on.