Chapter 36

Author's Note: I've decided to cut down the story quote in this section of notes before the story. I might add them again later, but for now I'm leaving them out. 

*ATTENTION* READ NOTE BELOW ! ! ! 

NOTE 2: Omg, I've decided to award you all with an update because I haven't for so long! And I knew it was time to try and upload ;) and im also really story if there ends up being mistakes with the times the camps are over or things that happened but it's just because I haven't uploaded in so long, I have forgetten the little details. <3

Dedicated to: AlyssaNilsson For always waiting for a chapter :) 

Chapter 36

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The first thing I thought out when I woke up, was Josh. I don't know if he left or not. He would have rathered leave without saying anything to me so I wouldn't try and stop him getting out. I climbed out of bed. Addie wasn't there, her bed was already made. 

I quickly get dressed and attempt some sort of hairstyle. I didn't check the time, was outside the air was a cold crisp. I was worried I had slept in from being so exhausted yesterday, but I could see that other kids were coming from their cabins too. 

Part of me was so worried Josh may have left last night. I feel a little panic in my chest, but then another side ensures he would have stayed. 

However, I am completely relieved when I see Josh sitting in the corner in the food hall with Addie and Riley. I make my way through the other kids, attempting a fast pace because I just want to sit there so badly. I slide into my chair. 

"Morning," I say quietly. 

Josh looks up at me. 

"Can I talk to you for a second," he says, standing up.

I nod, grinning on the inside. I'm really hoping we okay now.

We make our way outside of the food hall and behind the building where no one can see us. We are so close together, it's a tight spot. He exhales deeply. 

"Look Scarlett, I'm sorry for hurting you in anyway, for making you upset . . . especially yesterday. I never meant it and I don't want to keep using my life as an excuse to be angry or down, it's not an excuse to treat you or anyone like that, especially you. I know girls hate it when they get a lot of attention one day and none the next. It makes them feel so upset deep down. Like they are worth nothing. But your worth everything to me. I love you Scarlett and I don't want to lose you. I can't help feeling like the death of Jack was partly my fault, it's just I feel so bad for him,  since I was there. The only thing I can tell myself is that it wasn't me and I'm not a criminal. I'm sorry Scarlett." 

And  before I could even reply, he cupped my face ever so gently, and put his soft lips on mine. We pulled out and he hugged me, but it was more like a cuddle, with my head on his shoulder. 

"I love you Josh." 

"I love you too," he whispered. 

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I felt bad because I know he's had a hard life and of course that would be affecting him right now but I know he is strong enough to carry on. He's been so strong for most of his life, from the stories I've heard.  

When Addie asks me if everything is alright, I nod with a warm smile. And shes glad to hear it. 

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -