Chapter 16

Author's Note: Dedicationt to. . . .

Chapter 16

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was only yesterday I went and saw Josh, in such a bad state. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to get into fights all the time. To have almost permanet cuts because they would always be refreshed with each fight, one after the other. It was even worse that he was knocked out, and, he got his jaw broken. I clench my own. I can feel some sort of irritation. 

It's about four in the morning and I'm just laying here. I can hear Addie's quiet breathing, but other than that, I'm just laying here, slightly propped up and just listening to the slight breeze outside. I pass the untired time by thinking about my time here. I've been here for two and a half weeks so far. Only four long weeks to go. Well, three and a half. I sigh. 

I don't really understand why I'm not tired. Maybe I'm just worried about Josh. My new friend. Complete opposite from enemy, though he is still such a player. I don't feel anything for him. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I wake up with the sun shining brightly into the room. It takes me a while to actually open my eyes properly. So I ended up falling asleep. I look around and realise Addie is gone. Her bed isn't made which is strange. She always makes it. She's neat, all the time. I get up and do my usual morning routine, which includes getting dressed into some comfortable clothes. I leave the cabin, once I've made both beds. The air has a cold touch to it but it's not fresh. I suppose it's just fresh. 

I'm rounding a corner, when I'm forced to hold my hands up, in order to smack my face into whoever I crashed into. It was an running and tired out Addie. 

"Addie?" I ask, finally putting my hands down. I straighten my jumper. 

She puffed out, and still in her pajama's. She's swallowing, trying to catch her breath back. She's finally calmed down and able to tell me what's wrong. 

"I'm going back for home for a couple of days," she says, biting her lip. 

I feel so disappointed. I feel like I'm going to go through torture of being by myself again. 

"It's only for a couple of days,' she repeats. 'But I'll be coming back."

"What. . . why?" I ask, finally finding my words. 

"My grandfather is. . .dying. . . 'But, like I said, I'll be coming back."

I immediately feel bad for being so annoyed about her leaving.

"I'm sorry," I whisper.

She waves her hand dismissively.

"He's been sick for quite a while," she sighs.

There's al long pause before I speak again.

"Well, why would you come back?"

"Because,' she says quickly. 'I have to finish it, my step mum will force me too." 

There's another pause, but it's quick. 

"But I want to come back anyway, because you're here." 

We both smile. She tells me how Martha woke her up early this morning when her family rang and told them the news. Now she's going back to pack just a few things, but is leaving the rest. 

"Well, do you need me to do any laundry?" I ask.

She shakes her head with a smile.

"No, it's okay, thank you anyway. I'll take those with me."