Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I woke up, startled as a loud knock repeated at my door. What was the time? I looked at my clock. 

"IT'S 3:21 IN THE MORNING!" I exclaimed. 

"GET UP SCARLETT!' YOU HAVE TO GO EARLY!" Michelle yelled out. 

If it was my dad, he would have come in and shook me gently, not knock and scream at me. 

I groaned and threw myself back to my pillow, covering my head with the blanket.

"GET UP! 'NOW!"  

Her annoying voice came again. 

I groaned again and pulled the blankets off and stepping out onto the floor. I yawned and stretched and walked over to the door, opening it. 

My eyes were still squinted from being awake. 

"Get ready," Michelle said, and she left down the hall. 

I rolled my eyes and went back to my room and to my wardrobe. I picked out my clothes. Some jeans, a top and a cardigan. 

I took them to the bathroom and turned the shower on. That made me feel much better. It made me feel more awake and fresh. 

I was startled, once again, as Michelle knocked on the door. 

"GET OUT! 'YOU'RE WASTING WATER!"

I rolled my eyes. She should talk. She's always going on about her 'beauty showers,' or 'beauty baths.' 

I mimicked her voice and re-peated the words that I was used to hearing every night. 

i turned the shower off and got dressed. I moved to my room and did my hair and make-up there. 

"Good morning sweetheart," my dad's voice came from the door. 

I turned around.

"Good morning dad," I replied, giving him a hug.

He gave a chuckle. 

"Why did I have to get up so early?' 'What time do we have to leave?" I asked. 

He gave another chuckle. 

"Well, 'we have to leave at four o'clock so that we get to the airport at five. 'Your plane leaves at four-thirty so that means you will get there at about nine-thirty." 

I sighed. So the camp was about four or five hours away. I wonder if dad wanted to drive me but Michelle wouldn't let him. 

"I would have driven you if I could,' he laughed, 'but driving would nine or ten hours! 'Lucky there are such thing as planes!" 

I laughed back. I understood. 

"I know dad," I replied. 

He gave me another tight hug. 

"Alright,' he started, 'I got up a little earlier and I made some pancakes for you!" 

I smiled.

"Thanks," I said and dad took me downstairs with him. 

I sat at the table and dad handed me a plate. i piled it up with a couple of pancakes and drenched it in maple syrup and ice cream. Yum. 

Dad and Michelle sat down as well as put a couple of pancakes on their plates too. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

We finished getting ready and cleaned up before dad helped me put my bag in the car. We all hopped in after dad had locked the house up and he backed out of the drive way.