Chapter 33

Author's Note: Another late update, sorry guys. :) <3 Enjoy the twist! 

Story Quote: "To be honest, I'm glad the sergeant came back up to take me away. I was afraid of being near Josh any longer, I guess. "

Dedicated to: @learntodreambig :) :)

Chapter 33

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I don't ask, and I can't give him time to tell me. The sergeant is in the room and giving him a dirty look, before removing me from the room. He closes and locks the door, so Josh is kept in. Now I will be stuck with that thought clouding my mind. What did he need to tell me about Jack? Well, I know that he murdered him . . .what else? 

To be honest, I'm glad the sergeant came back up to take me away. I was afraid of being near Josh any longer, I guess. 

"You can go to the court session tomorrow, see him there getting his sentence," the sergeant says, while guiding me down the hallway.

I wanted to punch him badly. You don't say that sort of thing like it's a good thing. Yeah, see him when he get's his sentence? That makes me feel real better. 

I hear more footsteps coming up the hallway and see Armstrong rounding the corner. He was highly confused and needed an answer to his wonders. The sergeant stops in his tracks and of course, being led by him, I'm forced to stop as well. He waits for Armstrong to speak. 

"Listen here, I'm extremely confused and it only just came to all of us just then!" 

Before the sergeant has time to speak in the small silent gap, Armstrong continues. 

"You didn't even tell us how that Jack Foster was murdered! What did Josh do! Where's the real proof of murder?" 

 The sergeant stares hard at him for a moment before saying, "Follow me." 

We are led back up the hallway to another room. The sergeant unlocks it and flicks the switch. The lights flicker before coming and staying on. The room is full of shelves. The sergeant walks down one aisle and flickers through what sounds like files and plastic. He comes back with a folder. On the front is typed information, like dates, items, charges, people involved in whatever crime. Before I can read any of it properly, he opens it up and pulls out a plastic case. Inside, is a knife covered in blood. The sight of it makes me cringe. It's about five inches long, including the handle and blade. The handle is black, with patterns and shapes cut out to make indents. I had never known Josh to own a weapon, except for a pocket knife, but not this. 

"Have you . . . ever seen this before?" He asks. 

I shake my head straight away. 

"This is the weapon we found in Josh's hand when the police arrived. There's not much more to say, is there?" 

I buried my face in my hands. I was getting a headache. 

"Oh and not to mention the Jack's blood that covered Josh's hand from the stab wound." 

"Alright, I think that's enough, sergeant," Armstrong cuts in quickly, holding my shoulder. 

He gestures for me to move out the door, I move immediately. We make quick steps down the hallway, the sergeant further behind. 

"You alright?" Armstrong whispers to me. 

I nod and he gives me a smile. Martha puts her arm out and takes me forward and toward the door. Armstrong waits at the front to talk with the sergeant again. Their voices are mute as the doors close behind me.