o n e

D I S C L A I M E R:

woah

woah

woah

please stop right there.

This book is so awful I can't even BEGIN to explain.

Please understand that I wrote this when I was sooooo young - it makes me cringe and cry and ew.

It's full of errors.

It's a mashup of timelines and universes which can be super confusing.

It's sprinkled the word 'ORBS' into this like freaking confetti at a parade.

God forbid I ever use that word again oh my.

BUT

As far as cheesy, predictable and somewhat entertaining spider-man ffs go ... it's not the worst.

So if you're into that kind of thing - enjoy I guess!

If not please don't hate me :(

————————————————————

Glancing up at the soon approaching towering buildings of New York from the passenger seat felt odd. I never thought I'd miss it, but as the yellow taxis came into view it was inevitable to think otherwise. I was home.

Having spent three years at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, I felt a great swell of joy to be returning home to Queens. At the age of fifteen, I found myself in the possession of certain gifts. After being sent home early from school with aching palms, I soon found that I could emit concussive energy blasts from my hands.

As traumatising as the situation was, my mom had experience in the field, as her own brother was a mutant. Thankfully this meant that she was supportive in my favour.

However, as the days passed by, the I soon began to fear myself. Afraid to sleep at night, go near anybody, touch anything. It was only worsening for me and so my mom decided that the best option was to seek professional help for these so called 'gifts'.

My uncle had attended a school in Westchester County, New York. Before I knew it, I had packed up my life at Midtown. Seeing as it wasn't so far away, my mom came for frequent visits but other than that, my time at the institute was somewhat enjoyable.

I was surrounded by people just like me, and over the years I was trained on how to control my powers as well as use them in a situation of self-defence. Overall I enjoyed my time there, made some great friends and learnt a lot about myself, especially coming to terms with what I could do.

But as I looked around at all the young mutants, I came to realise that this wasn't me. I had loved my old life, being part of a normal school, having normal lessons. To any sane person this may have sounded odd, but now that I had control over my powers, it meant that I didn't have to use them if I didn't want to. I didn't have to be a mutant.

My mom wasn't too sure that I should be running away from who I was, but she was relieved to have her daughter come home.

I sighed as I thought of all the explanations I would have to give when I returned. For enjoyment, I liked to play the piano often so my mom came up with the idea of telling everyone that I attended a music school to complete a programme which would hopefully help me get a scholarship.

Truthfully, I wanted to be anything but a musician, but it was a good enough excuse. Aside from that, my mom and uncle were the only ones who knew, and I was glad to keep it that way.

Before I knew it, the car was being carefully parked in front the apartment she called home. It was small, cramped and in what you would call a kind of rough neighbourhood – But it was home.

With help from my mom, I carried my luggage up the staircases until we reached our floor.

My eyes immediately fell upon the door two down from ours. The Parkers.

During my busy arrival and tiring car journey, I had almost forgot about my neighbour. Not that it meant much. Peter usually kept himself to himself. We would speak occasionally in school and as his aunt and her mom were close friends, so frequent dinners used to be a thing, and to my knowledge, they continued in my absence.

He was a nice kid, despite what everyone said at school. My mom told me about what happened to Ben, Peter's uncle about two years ago. It was a shame; he had always been so nice to me whenever we met up for dinner.

"So I rang the school," My mother's voice pulled me from my thoughts. "They said you can start tomorrow." She warmly smiled as she unlocked the door and held it open.

"Great." I mumbled, pulling my heavy luggage into the small apartment.

"Look, honey. I know it's going to be little weird to go back but these next few years are important. You need to watch your grades, concentrate on work."

"I know, mom. It's just, I feel like I've changed so much." I tilted my head down, resting my eyes on the palms of my hands.

She closed the door then carefully took my hands into her own.

"That's because you have. I know the past few years have been hard, but you finally have the chance to be yourself." I pressed a small smile on my lips, feeling utterly grateful to have such a strong woman by my side.

"And if anything, happens at school, if you don't feel right, just call me and I'll come pick you up straight away-"

"I'll be fine," I gave a look of reassurance, "I can control it now."

"Okay," She gave a defeated smile as she looked into my caramel coloured eyes, similar to her own. "I'm just happy you're home."

"Yeah, me too."

Little did I know that my life was about to become more complicated than I could ever know.