t w e n t y f i v e

The brightness of my phone screen was the only source of light as I ran through dark back alley ways and passes. I ran as steady as I could, without looking suspicious, occasionally  glancing down at my phone following the directions to the street.

I couldn't help but think that I might have been too late, that I should have just let the police handle it. Pushing away the nonsensical thoughts, I finally approached the street.

At this time of night, there was only one house on the left which looked vaguely inhabited. It had to be the one.

As carefully as my feet could take me, I inched towards the side open window of the house where the source of sound was coming from. It was a hallway, and the rowdiness was coming from a nearby room with the door closed.

Although, there were two guys leaning against the wall, almost as if they were keeping watch. I was tempted to walk away at that moment. With this many people in sight and Peter no where to be seen, there was no point.

But then I heard a thud in the centre in the room and saw the one and only in spandex.

"Hey guys look, I don't want any trouble and I don't really want to hurt you, so if you could just let me speak to -" That was all he managed to get out before one of the guys furiously charged towards him with his fist. Peter ducked impressively and dodged it completely.

He attempted to web his fist to the wall, but in doing so he failed to acknowledge the other guy charging behind him. Not a single thought occurred in my mind apart from a ridiculously dumb one.

I jumped through the window and kicked the guy where it hurt most. He groaned and fell onto the floor, to which Peter's wide eyes glanced from him to me with confusion. This disguise wasn't that good, was it?

The first guy swept under Peter's legs and knocked him onto the floor, so I held my palm out towards him and blasted him in the stomach, and enough to get him groaning on the floor like the other guy.

That's when his mechanical eyes widened in my direction.

He walked up to me, placing his hands on my shoulders and pushing me against the wall.

"What do you think you're doing?" He said in a hushed voice, but it was filled with panic.

"I've come to save you're ass. Are you trying to get yourself killed?"

"I can handle it."

The guy I had kicked in the privates grudgingly stood up, but as soon as he did, I shot a blast toward his abdomen, knocking him back down.

"There's more here than you can handle." My voice came out muffled behind the scarf. "The sooner we get those weapons, the sooner we can leave."

As always, it was extremely difficult to decipher what he was thinking behind the mask. He reached his hand up to the scarf on my mouth, running his thumb along the fabric, before stepping back slightly and glancing up and down my form, his eyes occasionally zooming.

"I like it." He nodded in approval. I rolled my eyes, unable to stop the slight smile on my lips as I shoved past him and looked at the two goons on the floor.

I pulled one of the unconscious bodies and dragged him to the corner of the hallway, away from the noisy door. Peter soon caught on and did the same to he other guy who started to wake up.

"Web them up." I crossed my arms.

"Web them up." He said in a mimicking high pitched voice.