s e v e n

I spoke after a moment of deliberation and hard thought. "Return of the Jedi."

"No way!" Peter exclaimed, "Empire Strikes back was by far the best." Peter exclaimed as I brought my drink up to my lips.

"It has those big walking thingys." He justified, his eyes lighting up with a spark of childlike innocence.

I simply shook my head, bringing a small smile to my visage. It was refreshing to be in the company of someone as normal as Peter, but often we were brought into reality by having to move our legs out of the way to let the occasional drunk person get past, as we sat in the upstairs hallway where the sound mellowed out.

What felt like minutes had turned into hours. We had been nonsensically talking about everything and anything. We were both completely at ease that. Easily zoning out everything around us and simply enjoying one another's company. 

A slight sharp pain began to manifest in my head, presumably from the drink. My brows furrowed closelyo together as I glanced down at the pinkish liquid.

"What's in this?" Swirling it around in the red cup.

Peter flashed an almost smile on his lips as he leaned his head back against the wall. "I wish I knew."

I averted my gaze back down, finding it mesmerising to watch the swilring liquid. it allowed me to focus on the steadiness of my hands, I had gotten too close to expiosing myself this evening. Now that I was back at high school, filled to the brim with douchebags like Flash Thompon, I needed to watch my temper.

Then I began to ponder, thinking that maybe I left the institute too early, maybe I needed to learn more control.

I glanced up to find Peter's eyes on mine. They lingered there for a moment longer before he looked to the side at two stumbling drunks coming our way. I recognised the girl from my Spansish class a few years ago and the guy was definitely on the football team. The two giggled as they shut themselves in the room that me and Peter were sitting beside.

After a few moments, we began to hear things. As the minutes went by they got increasingly louder, as our faces went shades pinker. Our eyes shifted around, not sure what to do or say, both our bodies comically still.

"Maybe we should move som-"

"Yep." Peter quickly interjected, obviously having the same horrendous thoughts as me, both of us up our feet as fast as we could – which probably wasn't a great idea.

As we walked down the hall, my head began to pound, the alcohol giving slightly blurred vison as I felt weak in my legs on approach to the staircase.

A soft chuckle echoed through my ear as a hand softly wrapped around my upper arm, keeping me steady in my dazed moment, like the pathetic lightweight I was.

"If we fall were faliing together." Peter grinned shuffling me away from the edge of the stairs.

"These ridioculus shoes wont help that." I laughed as I leant into Peter's shoulder, everything finally coming to a standstill for a second. His lips tugged at a smile as he lifted his hand from my arm, no matter how much I liked having it there.

In that precise moment, large footsteps could be heard charging up the stairs to where we were stood, and regrettably, it was the last person I wanted to see tonight.

"Yo, Parker." Flash's voice boomed as two of his friends trailed closely behind. "What are your hands doing all over my girl?"

Before either of us could react or even come to terms with what was going on, Flash's heavy wrist slammed into Peter's face, causing him to jolt back.

I immedualty jumped in front of Flash acting as a barrier, my vison suddenly becoming a clear as ever.

"In what sadistic twisted universe am I your girl?" Aggression was painted across my features as I did the one thing I would never regret. I punched Flash Thompson, fresh and clean on the jaw. The thud echoed in the small hallway as his friends snickered behind him, lingering on the stairs.

I wasn't done, I had more in store for Flash in that moment who looked quite shocked, but my gaze soon darted down to find my hands glowing red from the palm.

So instead, I quickly turned around concealing the colour in my hands from the rage. Not here. Not now. I was surrounded by people I probably couldn't stand, but the last thing I wanted was to make victims out of them.

"Leave, now." I gritted through my teeth, relieved to hear footsteps down the staircase as my hands slowly recovered their normal tanned colour.

As I turned to look at Peter, I expected him to be on the ground, maybe even knocked out from such a hit. But to my surprise, he stood with a fixed gaze on me, his thin lips parted at with shock.

"Are you okay?" My voice softening once more as I dropped my hands and approached the dark-haired teen, a noticeable purple patch forming around his left eye.

"Yeah, I'm - that was incredible!" His soft brown eyes had a look of almost adoration as I simply disregarded his statement.

"He's had it coming for a while." I adjusted the rings on my fingers, hoping that one of them left a mark on his smug face.

Amongst the chaos, I seemed not to notice the remaining bystanders, gawking and whispering, probably wondering why I'd returned to school, or punched Flash in the face.  Either way, it felt creepy and uncomfortable, so I lightly nudged Peter who also noticed the small crowd.

I muttered quietly, "I think this is a good time to leave."

He breathed a sigh of relief as he looked at me, a smile tugging at the corner of his mouth. "Absolutely."