t w e n t y n i n e

"So how do you look for trouble?" I asked as we walked beneath the street lamps and the purple hazy sky.

We walked at least six blocks with no sign of malicious activity anywhere. I was starting to think that New Yorkers weren't that bad, and it felt incredibly stuffy to have this scarf over my mouth the entire time.

"Well, I'm usually swinging around, getting to the top of skyscrapers to get a better view of the city." He turned his head to look at me as we walked, "But somebody made me walk."

"In case you didn't notice, I don't have webs." I said.

"I told you I'd swing you around with me."

"I don't like being swung around." I responded as we crossed the street. "It's not so fun when your holding on for dear life."

"You're exaggerating." He said.

"You're annoying."

"You're annoying-er." His spider eyes narrowed in my direction.

I flicked the side of his head.

"Ow, what the hell?" He touched the spot on his head before quickly responding by pinching my upper arm.

"I didn't flick you that hard!" I rubbed my arm, giving him a death glare through the locks falling on the sides of my face.

As I looked at his huge masked white eyes, I immediately wanted to smack them off. So that's what I did, but my hand was slammed back onto a brick surface. He had webbed my hand to the side of a building.

I tugged at it, trying to get free but the thing was like super-glue.

"Were you going to slap me?" He moved towards me, amusement in his voice.

I grunted, "Get me out of this." Still hopelessly tugging at my arm.

He folded his arms before glancing up at the building I was attached to. I followed his gaze and almost felt light-headed at how tall it looked from down here. It had to by one of the biggest buildings around.

"Hm, we'd sure get a pretty good view from up there, don't you think?"

"What? No. I very much love the ground."

"Fine. I'll meet you back here in about an hour or so." He began to climb the edge of the building.

"Don't you dare." I said warningly. "You get back down here right now!" I yelled up as he was about a quarter of the way up.

"Sorry, I can't hear you I'm so high up!" He yelled down, cashing me to roll my eyes. I sighed in defeat knowing that he'd won this battle.

"Okay, take me to the top." I said,

Before I could even blink, he jumped down and landed softly on his feet in front of me.

"That's my girl." He chuckled, pressing some button on his wrist and then aiming it towards my hand. It must have been some built in web dissolver thing, because the substance just melted away and my hand was free.

"Just get this over with." I laced my arms around his neck and closed my eyes, bracing myself for the harsh impact. He closed his arms around my figure and just stood there for a while, hugging me.

"Okay this time you're asking for a slap, and I'll gladly- "

He removed one arm from my back and shot a web to the top of the building. After a rush that gave my stomach a bad feeling, we landed on the very high up roof top. The light breeze was almost warm beneath the darkening sky. At least the darkens made it more difficult to see just how high up we were.

"Whatever happened to nervous, stuttering, sweet Peter Parker?"

Peter pulled his shoulders into a shrug, "He fell in love."

I looked down at my sneakers, trying to hide the smile that I'm sure he could see anyway. I felt as though I could never get bored of his company. He always found ways to make me smile and feel incredible; I never wanted to let go of that.

For a while, we both paced the perimeter of the roof top. I tried my best to look out for anything suspicious, but honestly, I could barely make out the cars, let alone people. Peter on the other hand had those zoom eye lens things, but even he couldn't spot anything.

At one point I thought I saw a guy breaking into a store, but it turned out it was just the owner locking it up.

"Maybe we should call it a night." Peter crouched on the edge, making me incredibly nervous, but thankfully he fell backwards onto the surface, laying down and letting his feet dangle over the side. "Sorry the patrol was so lame today. Some days are just like this where nothing happens."

"It's okay, beats sitting at home." I paced around to where Peter was lying.

He pulled his mask off, and I did the same, realising that we wouldn't be seen from this height. "I'm hungry, Vi." He pouted, looking up at me with those darn puppy-dog eyes.

"Me too." I glanced up at the now black sky, the stars peeking through and making their appearance.

"I could so use a sandwich. A number five sound perfect right now." He placed his gloved hand on his stomach.

I nodded, fiddling with the ring on my thumb. "Yeah, but without the pickles."

He raised an eyebrow looking back at me, "I thought you like pickles?"

"I've never liked pickles."

"But the other day you shared my sandwich." He exclaimed as if I'd done something terrible.

"I picked them out."

"Alright, so pickles are a no." He spoke as if he was speaking to himself, averting his eyes back up to the dark sky. "Duly noted." He muttered quietly.

I crouched down behind him and softly pressed a quick kiss onto his nose, only to see a smile appear on his lips.

"You missed." He said with a toothy grin.

I shook my head at him, repressing a smile as I laid down the other way, using his torso as a pillow. For a few minutes, neither of us said anything, I just felt his chest rise with each breath he took as we got lost in the wonderous sparkly dots above us.

"I could stay here all night." I said.

"We can't." Peter replied.

"Way to kill the moment. It was a figure of speech you dork."

I felt him chuckle. "But it's a school night."