Nineteen. I Believe Him

She lays on her small bed, staring at the ceiling. She covers her eyes with her forearm and let out a loud sigh.

Her heart tells her to go back to Jungkook but her pride tells her not to.

Yein is still in love with Jungkook, hell, she've always been in love with him ever since he came into her life.

Lost in her thoughts, her eyelids starts to close.

Suddenly she heard the ringing of her apartment bell.

"Who is it?"

"It's me!"

"Mingyu?"

She opens the door.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to get my answer."

She then starts to remember that Mingyu have confessed to her two weeks ago. Work and seeing Jungkook made her forgot all about it.

"I...Mingyu...you know my feelings..."

"I know! But does it always have to be him?" he said with a sharp tone.

"He's been gone for years Yein! Get over him!"

"He's back."

"What?"

"He's back. He's back and he wants to be with me again, Mingyu I still like him."

Her distance with him suddenly got closer as Mingyu moves closer to her. Out of nowhere, she felt scared.

Mingyu was always nice and caring towards her. Never once was he angry or mistreated her.

As he got closer to her, her breathing starts to fasten and her needs to get out of the apartment was desperate.

"Are you scared of me?" he said with a low voice while his hands moves to grab a hold of her shoulders.

She didn't reply to him. She stayed silent.

"You know Yein, I think you know my feelings very well. Can you just return it for once? Even if you don't like me, can you pretend to like me?"

"That's messed up Mingyu. I can't do that," she said with a shaky voice.

"God fucking damn it!" he pushes her away and flings his hands in the air.

"I've done everything for you! I took care of you when he was gone! I even pushed you to go out and get over that fucker! I found you an apartment, I even found a job for you when you were still in school! What more do you want me to do! I did so much for you and I get this?"

"M-Mingyu, calm down. You're not in your right state of mind."

"Shut up."

"Wh-what?"

"I said shut up."

He suddenly walks closer to her again. At this point she was confused. What was Mingyu trying to say? What was he trying to do?

She walks her feet backward, backward until her back hits the nearest wall. Her breathing became heavy and fast. Her eyes moved nonstop, but then they landed on Mingyu's pained expression.

He was hurt. She knew that. She knew she was being selfish. He was right; he did so much for her but what did she give him? She gave him nothing.

He was just a special friend who was always by her side when Jungkook and Mijoo were gone. She never thought of him more than a friend. How can she thought of him more than a friend when she is so in love with Jungkook? She couldn't leave Jungkook. It's impossible.