Twenty-six. Will You Marry Me?

Months after the accident and the visiting of Chaeyeon, Yein went back to work and so did Jungkook. Everything was doing well in the company and everyone acknowledged that Yein was Jungkook's — their boss' girlfriend. No one dared tried to boss her around or made mean comments at her. However Yein felt uncomfortable because of this. She wanted to be treated like a normal designer in her department.

When she told Jungkook about her feelings to the designing department, everyone followed his direction and went back to how they were before with Yein.

"Jung Yein-ssi," a co-worker of Yein said to her. "Mr. Jeon wants to speak to you."

"Me?"

"Yes."

Yein took the telephone from her co-worker and greeted Jungkook. "Yes?"

"Hello~ what are you doing?" he spoke in a happy tone. "Seriously Jungkook, if it's not work related don't call me!" she slightly yelled. "Yah~ I just want to hear your voice...anyway! Come to my office right now."

"What?"

"Hurry!"

__________

"Let's ditch work," he said with a huge grin and Yein rolled her eyes. "Really Jungkook?"

"Really," he gave her that huge grin of his again. "I mean...Secretary Min is here to take my spot..." he looked at Secretary Min and Secretary Min face palmed.

"What about me?" Yein ask. "You have my permission to leave work, let's just go out for a date hm? Yeah?"

"...Fine..."

So they both went out for a date. The two went on a long drive, and Yein who was feeling annoyed now became quite relaxed.

"Where are you taking us?" she asked Jungkook. "Somewhere you'll like," he said rubbing one of her thigh with his hand. "Where's that?"

"You'll see."

When they arrived at their destination, Yein suddenly wanted to cry.

It was the beach where they went to together when they were in high school. It brought her back many memories and made her an emotional mess.

"Why here?..." she mumbled. "Just because," he smiles and pulls her in for a hug.

"I know you like this place. Plus we haven't been on a proper date together," he pulls back too look at her face, where it had a tiny droplet of tear on one side of her cheeks.

"Yah...why are you crying?"

"Nothing...I just missed this place. I haven't been here ever since you were gone...thanks for bringing me here," she smiles and gave him a peck on the lips. He smiled in return.

"C'mon, let's go to the boulder that we went to last time," he held onto her hand and pulls her to the location.

Yein and Jungkook sat on the boulder side by side with hands interlocked. Jungkook's head was on Yein's shoulder and he looked out into the ocean. "Isn't this nice?" he ask. "Yeah...really nice," she said smiling.

All of a sudden, Jungkook pulls away from Yein and stares into her eyes, which of course made her blush.

"What?"

"You look beautiful," he said smiling softly which made Yein turn red. "T-thanks..."

On the inside, he was dying because of her shyness. It was a sight that he really liked, but heck he liked everything about Yein. He then got quiet and reached into his pocket to take something out.

"About my proposal I made to you a few months back...what's your answer to it?"

"Huh?"

"Will you marry me?" he said showing her a ring in his hand. Yein was speechless and no words could come out of her mouth. "Yah~ is this how you propose to someone? How unromantic," she giggled. "Didn't you say this to me before in this same place? You said I wasn't romantic!" he laughs.

"Of course I'll marry you," she smiles softly and pulls Jungkook for a hug and then kisses him softly on the lips. "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you..." he whispered against her lips and then kisses her again.

__________

"Chaeyeon-ah," Mingyu said to Chaeyeon and she turned to look at him. "The doctor said you can be discharge now, are you feeling okay?" he ask and she smiled and gave him a nod. "I've been in here too long, I'm excited to go out," she gave him another smile.

He walked towards her and then sits at the edge of her bed while pulling her hand to hold onto it and then caressing it. She gave him a confused look.

"I know you won't like this, but I thought that I should tell you."

"What is it?"

"Yein and Jungkook are getting married."

She gave him a soft smile and he looked surprised. "Why aren't you sad?"

"C'mon Mingyu! I almost killed a life and my own's. I'm over Jungkook. I'm not meant for him. I understand that I can't have everything I want in life."

"Glad you know that now," he slightly chuckle.

"But why did you help me through all of this...?"

"I just felt bad and it looked like you needed someone to be there for you. Both my and your heart got broken...we're allies," he chuckles once again.

"You sure you didn't fall for me?" she said giving him a mischievous smile.

"Yah!" he yelled slightly and tries to deny but the tip of his ears were turning red.