Chapter 6

**Two Weeks Later**

You can easily tell Jӧrgen is pissed off. Every lead he had ended up being a dead end and he wasn't too happy about it. He hated the fact that until this man is dead with a bullet between his eyes, I was in danger.

Currently I am walking a couple of the dogs from the shelter. Amy, who is one of walker's, called in sick and then Jody, the other one who is in charge of walking the dogs, is out on maternity leave. Thus leaving me in charge of walking them. So here I am walking four dogs with five of Jӧrgen's men walking with me and two cars, four in each, driving along side us.

Things were going fine. The dogs had done their business and I was about to turn around and go back when three consecutive pops rang through the street. Everything seemed to go into slow motion. I stare straight ahead for a few seconds not moving or breathing, just frozen. The leashes that were in my hand fell to the ground and I slowly looked down at my stomach to see blood rushing out from three different places.

Before I knew it I was falling to the ground but before I hit the sidewalk I felt arms wrapping around me. I was gently turned around and placed on the ground. One of the bodyguards leaning over me. His mouth was moving but I couldn't hear anything. That's when everything hit me and my senses came back. The bodyguard in front of me was barking orders while he held some clothing on my stomach that I just noticed.

Not only did I notice everything happening around me now but now I am realizing how much it hurts being shot in the stomach three times. I felt myself being lifted causing pain to shoot throughout my body and groans to come out of my mouth. I felt myself being placed on a seat and when I opened my eyes after closing my eyes when they picked me up, I saw we were in one of the cars.

I could feel myself slowly slipping out of consciousness until everything went black.

Jӧrgen's P.O.V

I was sitting in my office trying to figure out who this fucktard is when I got the call that made my blood run cold. Rushing out of my office, I rush towards the front door yelling at whoever was in earshot to get the doctor ready for surgery. Running out the front door just in time as a car rushes in through the gates.

Before the car came to a complete stop I yanked the door open to see my girl lying on the seats unconscious with blood covering her stomach. Snapping myself out if I quickly but carefully picked her up and ran back inside and going to the makeshift hospital I have. Placing her on the surgical table, Doc rushed in with a few nurses.

"You need to leave." One of the nurses said in a rush. I was about to protest when she spoke up again. "We'll call you when we're done I promise but for now you need to wait outside." Knowing I had to let them work I take slow steps back keeping my eyes on Blaire. When I got to the door I took one last glance at Blaire before stepping out. In an instant my mood changed from worry to anger.