Chapter 8

Blaire's P.O.V

I've been in the hospital for about two weeks now. When Jörgen isn't here I'm usually sleeping, watching TV or I'm on my laptop. I mean there's not much I can do when in the hospital.

Jörgen's days are practically spent with most of his time finding out who did this and then the rest of the time is spent with me. He says he's so close to finding out who did this. They had found a fingerprint where I was shot and they ran it through the system. Lucas Grey popped up on the screen but Jörgen doesn't think he's the one doing this because when they looked up his background barely anything popped up.

Jörgen thinks his background is too clean to pull something like this off. They're still keeping an eye on him just in case though.

Right now I am just waking up from a nap. Looking around the very white and clean room, I notice Jörgen sitting in his usual chair next to my bed. "Hey baby." he says softly leaning forward and placing a kiss on my forehead. "Hi." I mumbled still waking up from my nap.

"How you feeling?" he asks still leaned forward, slightly leaning over me. A small smile forms on my lips at his worry for me. "Better. Much better." I told him.

He smiles grabbing my hand in his and giving the back of my hand a kiss. "Doc says I can move you to our room today. How does that sound?" Ahh our room. I have been dreaming of our room since the first night I stayed in here when I wasn't too drugged up on painkillers to remember trying to get comfortable but failing miserably.

"That sounds amazing. This bed is horrible. You should look into making them more comfortable." I told him chuckling softly. "I will but hopefully you'll never have stay in one of these again. Doc should be back soon for one more check then we'll go up to our room. I'll have the cook make us some lunch and we can have a movie marathon of anything you want."

"Sounds perfect." I responded with a smile.

For the next few minutes we just talked and he caught me up on finding the man who shot me. A knock on the door interrupted us and doc's head popped in before he entered all the way. "How are we doing in here?" he asks looking between us even though his question is directed more to me.

"Good." I told him. He gave me a small smile and started his check-up. "Well Blaire everything looks great and I don't see why you can't move up to your room. I want you to start walking around a bit; to the bathroom, around the room. If you want to go downstairs that's fine but have Jörgen carry you down. Every few days you can increase on how much walking you do. I just want you to take it slow and not put too much stress on your body.

"Same goes for food. Start out simple with things like soups and salads, and then if you can stomach that you can go into more heavier things. I will give these pain relief pills to Jörgen so he can give you two every four hours. It should help with the pain but if you start to feel any discomfort, like a five or six on the pain scale, call me and I'll come right up." Even though doc was looking at me while he talked I knew most of what he said was directed towards Jörgen.

He handed Jörgen a bottle of pills and handed it to Jörgen and with that he said I was free to leave and left. Jörgen helped me out of my hospital gown and into the clothes he brought me which consisted of a pair of sweatpants and one of his long sleeve shirts. I started to move off the bed so we can leave when he stopped me and proceeded to pick me up. Not really minding I wrapped my arms around his neck and legs around his waist. His arms wrapped around me holding me to him.

It was silent as he walked us to our room, a comfortable silence. Once we got to our room he carefully set me down on the bed, got in next to me and wrapped the blankets around us. Cuddling into his side I sighed in relief. I really missed this, being this close to him. "I missed being this close to you." I mumbled. "Me too." he said quietly kissing the top of my head and pulling me closer.

We laid there for a few minutes before my stomach growled and breaking our comfortable moment. "I'll call the cook to make you some soup." Jörgen laughed picking up his phone.

Jörgen's P.O.V

It's about eleven thirty at night right now and Blaire had fallen asleep about an hour ago. I couldn't help but watch her as she slept. My girl is alive and safe in my arms. The faint buzz of my phone brought my attention away from Blaire. Picking up my phone I see its Dom. Answering the call I quickly say, "Hold on." before he could say anything. Gently prying Blaire off of me, I replace myself with my pillow and quietly walk out of my room.

"What?" I asked wondering why he was interrupting my time with Blaire. "Hey boss, I know you said not to call because you're with Blaire but I found something you're gonna wanna know about who shot Blaire." he said.