Chapter 12

A week had passed and Blaire had gotten much much better. All the pain has gone away and now all there is left that shows she was shot were tiny little scars from where the bullets it. Over the last week I would go down to the basement and spend some time torturing the man who shot my sweetheart. I haven't told Blaire about him yet cause I didn't want her to worry about knowing the man who shot her is in the basement while she is recovering.

Right now Blaire is with Mason down in the game room playing Mario Cart on the Nintendo 64 as I make my way to the basement. It is time to finally end this. Walking into the basement and into his cell I see a bruised and bloody man. He didn't move, not even lift his head. A chair was set in front of him and I sat down. "You are a pathetic excuse of a man. For one you had a brother who killed my girls family and then stalked her and took her from me. So I killed him. Then you come up out of the blue wanting to avenge his death but you didn't even know the first thing of doing so, I mean look at where you are now." I started.

"The only thing you were successful at was shooting my girlfriend. But then you got sloppy. You're friend kept the phone he contacted you with in his own home and then you start popping up in camera footage. I mean if you can go decades without going unnoticed you should have been able to evade cameras. But here you are and having you here has bored me." I said. For a second I stayed seated before getting up and turning towards the door.

Before leaving I looked at the guard by the door and nodded and left. The all too familiar popping sound of a gun went off as I made my way out of the basement and towards my girlfriend and best friend. Walking into the game room I see Blaire doing a little dance while Mason sat with an annoyed look on his face.

Making my way over to Blaire, she turns around and smiles when she sees me. She runs to me the rest of the way and jumps into my arms. Leaning in she gave me a kiss before saying, "I beat Mason in Mario Kart on the rainbow course!" She giggles and looks back at Mason then back to me. "He's not too happy about it." I chuckle at that and set her down.

Looking over to Mason I nod my head towards the door and he gets the gesture, getting up and leaving. "Listen babe, I need to tell you something." I told her pulling her towards the closest couch. "Jӧrgen, are you okay?" she asks quietly, a frown on her face.

Blaire P.O.V

"Jӧrgen, are you okay?" I asked. His seriousness worries me because I don't like it when he's all serious. It's like he ages ten years and he gets all stressed. "I'm fine baby. But there is something important I have to tell you." I started and she just nodded waiting for me to continue. "First I want you to know I didn't tell you this sooner cause you were recovering and I didn't want this to stress you out." He took a deep breath and continued.

"As you know, when you got shot I was trying to find out who did that to you. A few days after you got shot I had some men search Lucas Greys home. They found a burner phone that only called one number. Dom traced that number to a Niccolo Moretti. Antonio Moretti's brother. (I don't know if you remember but Antonio is the first name of Blaire's ex-boyfriend who killed her family) Did he ever mention having a brother?" he asked looking at me curiously. This was just so much to take in and I feel like he isn't even finished telling me everything.

"Uhh, there was this one time he said his mom had another son but he died a few days after he was born." I told him. He nodded and looked like he was processing it in his head. "This next part you may get mad or panicked I don't know until I tell you. So once Dom figured out it was his brother I had him try and track him down. It was hard because he didn't leave any paper trail. Dom had to wait until his face popped up in a camera. A week ago he popped up on a camera so I had Mason and some men go and get him. He's been held in the basement until today." he let out a breath and it felt like I couldn't get one out.

He had found out who shot me while I was recovering and knew it was Antonio's brother and didn't tell me. I mean I get why he didn't but at the same time I wish he told me what was going on every step of the way. "Babe, please say something." Jӧrgen said bringing me out of my thoughts. "You said until today. What do you mean by that?" I asked hesitantly already having a guess but I needed to know for sure.

"He's dead." he said simply. This is a lot to take in. I mean I know this kind of stuff comes with being with Jӧrgen because of what he does but he doesn't tell me about the killing and all. If it's a business meeting sure but this, he never tells me because he's keeping me safe and plus if anything happens then I wouldn't have had anything to do with it, no knowledge of it. I don't even want to know what Jӧrgen has been doing with this guy for a week.

"So is the threat gone now? Are we safe now?" I asked. "I'm going to have Dom check the Moretti bloodline and check for any more of them and any who are alive he's going to tag them and keep an eye on them so nothing like this happens again." He said and I felt relief flood me.

"Are we good?" He asked after a couple of minutes of silence. "Ya." I mumbled resting my head on his chest suddenly feeling very tired. Jӧrgen picked me up and walked us to our room and set me down on our bed, him getting in a second later and pulling the blanket over us.

~ ~ ~

It's been a week since Jӧrgen told me about who shot me. This morning doc gave me the green light that I am completely healed. Jӧrgen was really happy that he decided to take me out for dinner tonight to my favorite restaurant. I couldn't wait. This restaurant has the most amazing food.

Anyway I had just finished getting dressed in this cute, flowy dress. Walking out of my closet I see Jӧrgen just finishing up his tie. When he turned around a huge smile made it's way onto his face. He walked over and placed his hands on my waist. "You look absolutely beautiful baby." He gushed making me blush. Yes after all these years he still makes me blush. "Thank you. You look really good yourself." He leaned down and placed a kiss on my forehead and when he pulled away we made our way to the restaurant.

When we got to the restaurant we were immediately taken to our table. We have our own table in the back by the window that overlooks the whole city. It is absolutely breathtaking. I could just sit here for hours reading but that isn't going to happen. Well at least not right now.

Jӧrgen had ordered all my favorites and everything tasted amazing. We were just finishing up the most amazing piece of chocolate cake in the world when he started to look absolutely nervous. I was about to ask him what's wrong when he shushed me. He got up, came to my side of the table and got down on one knee and I couldn't help the tears forming in my eyes.

"Blaire, baby, you are the best thing that has ever happened me. Nothing in this world could ever change that. Every time I am having a bad day just the mention of your name can make me feel a whole lot better. I could go on talking about how important you are to me but that would takes days, weeks. So baby will you do me the honor in becoming my wife?" By now a waterfall of tears were falling down my face.

"Yes!" I exclaimed and he put the ring on my finger and I threw my arms around him. This is by far the best day of my life.

THE END

Thank you all for reading. It means so much that all of you have read the first book and this one.