Sin's Encounter with the Past

*Spoiler Alert! *

Sin belongs to JCWine ~ Check her out!

Sin wandered through the dark corridors, walking through the narrow walls that seem to close in.

And the next was a crossroad, where he had to make a choice which way to continue.
The woman at the entrance had claimed that this was the Passageway of Time. And that if chosen correctly, can take him back to the past. Or the future.

Sin scoffed lazily at the paths on the left and right. There's no reason why he should waste his time trying to figure out whatever's the "right way".

After all, every way Sin walked would be right and he don't need anyone to tell him where he should go.
Certainly not that "Angel woman" at the entrance nor those demons of his past. And perhaps that might include the idiotic 'Mask Face' on the list of who can't order him about.

Sin headed straight down, and he couldn't help notice a slight difference in the walls around him. They were smeared with greasy dirt and red smudges that look suspiciously like blood for one.

Another was the rough edges that could tear your skin with just a slight touch. It reminded him of those walls he was chained-

It can't be right?
Sin frowned, glaring at the surroundings as he backed away from the sides. He raised a hand to touch the surface, feeling the tension and fear choking him as he recognised this place.

He sighed, eyeing light on the other side. If this was really the past, he definitely would have been there at that spot.

"... Oh well. Let's go see myself then," Sin murmured softly, quickening his pace. Hopefully there wasn't any of the guards here at this time, it'll be bad if he got caught.

Sin exited the end of the corridor, and his eyes widened in alarm when he saw someone moving. He flattened himself as close to the walls, just enough for the demon guard not to notice anything and walk away.

Sin was cautious enough to tread lightly where direction the guard had left. It wasn't that hard to know that this part of the dungeon was for the worst "scum" with the amount of torture equipment left hanging on the walls.

And there at the last corner, sat a battered child weeping softly to himself.

The younger Sin looked exhausted, trembling bitterly as he buried his head in his knees. The thin rags that the boy wore did little to warm the scrawny frame of his body.

Sin stared silently at his child form. Watching behind from the cold metallic bars that separated the two of them.

"...Are you here to hurt me too..?" The younger Sin asked, startling Sin as he didn't see any movement from the lowered head that was buried in his knees.

The child lifted up his head to look at Sin, taking in the features of the zombie without revealing any expression on his face.

"Ugly, ain't I?" Sin smirked, looking away from his younger self's constant stare, trying not to be swayed by his own emotions to scream and strangle the stupid demons that did this to him.

"... Maybe..?" The boy replied, rubbing his reddish eyes. He suddenly winced in pain, biting his bottom lip and curling into a ball.

"Ouch," Sin muttered sarcastically, watching silently at the younger one. Seeing himself suffer felt horrible, and a wave of negative emotions and pity seem to wrench or twist his heart.

If he actually have one.

"... Say, why are you trying so hard to live?" Sin asked aloud, not caring how his voice will echo in the dungeon.

"..." The younger Sin frowned at the other, tilting his head while staring blankly at the older Sin, as if he didn't understand a word that was said.

"... Well, why couldn't I..?" The boy retorted, somewhat surprising Sin with the rage in his voice.
"I just don't want to die here."

"... That's more like it, kid," Sin grinned as he walked over to the door in the gates and picked it open with the keys he borrowed.

"Got it," Sin tossed the lock aside carelessly, muttering an "oops" when it landed with a crash.

The younger Sin stared in disbelief with his mouth open at the intruder who cockily broke into his prison cell.

Sin ruffled the younger boy's hair, smirking as he registered the warmth under his palm. At least he was still alive in this time, and nothing will ever break his will to live.

Sin took off his shirt, passing it halfheartedly to the boy with one hand.
"Here. Hide this under that loose brick in the corner. It's freezing at night after all."

"..! H-how did you..." The younger Sin's voice trailed off as he realised that the zombie might have understood his situation better than he knew.

Sin said nothing and grinned at his younger self before stepping out and slamming the door close so that someone else would be blamed for the missing lock.

"Cheero," Sin laughed, walking away coolly (despite the half naked appearance) as he waved, not turning back.

The younger Sin stared at the disappearing figure before unfolding the shirt. A sharp metallic object fell out from the bundle, and he picked it up gingerly to observe it.

Maybe... Since that person was here, could there be a chance?

The younger Sin shrugged that thought away, deciding against it for now.

Leaving the sharp metal glittering beside him on the ground.

Epilogue:

The Angel mused as she watched one of her guided ones leave from the second exit.

'So he had chosen the past,' She glanced back at the undead creature that had met up with his companions and was busy arguing with the demon donning a mask.

'Someday, I'll meet the others. Maybe sooner, maybe later.'

Sin thought he saw a feathered being smiling at him from the corner of his eye, but when he turned around...
There was nothing, the mysterious cave-like passage and its Guardian was long gone, except for a single blue feather with a golden tip.