Snow's Encounter with the Past! [1]

Snow belongs to RainingStorms here! Do check her out, her stories are amazing!

Snow wondered where exactly he was as he looked around the strange stone room.

The slivery flames on the torches seemed to be full of strange magic; that he was sure as when he tried to approach one out of curiosity, it immediately vanished.   Once he stepped a safe distance away from it, the torch relit itself, bursting out the slivery flames again.

He had been in the library when an ancient looking book caught his eye.

The book was right at the bottom of the shelves, engraved with strange writings he had not seen before. Expecting it to be a foreign book imported into the country, Snow bent down to pull out the book and opened it eagerly.

A warm feeling seem to wrap around Snow and he felt his eyes closing, unable to give into the desire to sleep.

The room went black and he found himself in the current room which seemed to be an underground cavern of some sort.

Snow sighed audibly, his voice echoing in the enclosed room.

Out of nowhere, a hand reached out and grabbed Snow's shoulder. He yelped, startled as he turned around to see a face staring at him intently.

Snow jumped back immediately, and the face made a frown at him.

"How rude. Am I that ugly?" The girl huffed as she moved her hand that held the torch away from her face.

"Ah, n-no. I was just... Surprised," Snow was pretty dumbfounded since he was pretty sure that there wasn't a door behind him in the first place. Who was this girl?

He studied her, observing how she carried herself with grace, her golden hair, the strange blue dress that was covered with different patterns and spirals. Runes perhaps?
Whatever she was, Snow realised that this girl was definitely not a normal human.

"Hey, are you listening?"

"Whoa! Y-yeah?" Snow managed to stop himself from jumping out of his skin when the golden-haired girl appeared behind him again.

"Really? Good, then off you go now!" The girl petted Snow's shoulders, before pushing him gently though the large wooden door which opened for Snow.

"Wait, what am I supposed to do again?!" Snow panicked, regretting that he wasn't paying attention to the speech.

"Just follow your instinct and walk! Have a little more faith in yourself to figure it out!" The girl urged as she nodded at Snow.

With that, the door slammed behind Snow and he stood there blankly, feet rooted to the ground.

Snow drew in a deep breath and decided to walk down the corridor. Like the room, the narrow passageway was made of mostly stone bricks and the same torches were hanging on the side of the walls.

The strange journey seemed to drag forever and Snow wasn't even sure whether it would ever end as the passage when on and on.

He finally stopped at a crossroad. The passage had spilt into 3 different ways in a + shape.  The right one seemed to be glowing a warm orange; the one in front of him was almost a serene pink and the last one on the left was a brilliant blue that also seemed to be dotted with strange white sparkles.

Snow turned towards the blue path, not before stealing a glance at the other two. They seemed appealing, but something about the left path seemed to draw his attention to it.

Almost as if the path was beckoning Snow to follow its route, and Snow smiled a little before heading towards that direction.

This was definitely so much interesting than staying under the gazes of other people all the time and being kept from secrets about his own parents by the adults.

The flames were blue in this part of the passageway, and after a while, Snow couldn't help notice the absence of the torches and the material change of the walls.

He now realised that he was in a very different area, an alley in a town of some sort.

Crowds of people were walking around and the streets were full of lively chattering. Snow gasped, unable to resist the grin creeping onto his face.

Was this outside of the palace? It was almost like a dream that came true as he stepped out into the light to see the beauty of the town with all its buildings and the people.

Snow pinched himself just to make sure he wasn't dreaming. "Ouch. So this isn't a dream after all?"

Unable to control his excitement, Snow cheered and ran off, hoping to capture all the sights of the strange new world that was always closed off to him.

-To be Continued-