Snow's Encounter with the Past [2]

"Hot on Sale!! Antiques and ancient artifacts all from the legendary ruins of Oliveira!"

"Get the freshest produce here! Sweet juicy apples, just plucked from the orchards!" A young man called out from his store, attracting a crowd of customers when they noticed the gleam of the bright red fruits looking like gems.

Snow was chatting with a shopkeeper that was handling delicate jewelry that were set out on the booth. It just so happened that the shopkeeper had been a good craftsman and decided to make an extra living other than his job for his family by selling jewelry that he'd made.

"Ya 'now, sonny? My boy's just a little older than you, and he's got a talent for sewing, just like my wife," The man chuckled when Snow admitted that he preferred books over dueling or other activities.

"So it's not surprising if a boy likes reading or sewing, nor a girl likes fighting an' crafting. Even if it's a young Royal like you."

"Agreed," Snow nodded and beamed, surprised to find someone who understood him so easily even though they were complete strangers.

"Oh yeah, there's a bookshop somewhere 'round that part there," The shopkeeper pointed out the place and he smiled at Snow's glittering eyes.

"Thank you so much!" Snow bowed gratefully to the man and waved to him as he headed to the bookshop eagerly.

"Welcome," A bespectacled young man with mystical blue eyes called out when he heard the bells on the door ringing when someone came in.

"Oh? A new customer? I've never seen you here before," The brown haired man looked surprised when he saw Snow stepping into the store.

"Yes..." Snow nodded at the man, but his gaze wandered off to the books behind him. Shelves and shelves of books filled the whole room from the top to the bottom and there was even a moving ladder built for people to reach the top most books. It was just a wondrous scene and Snow longed to just spend the whole time flipping though all these books.

"You seem really young. How old are you?"

"Oh, I'm five," Snow answered, bringing his focus back to the bookkeeper and he nodded with a large smile.

"Five?! That kid's younger than me!" A small voice from the room behind the counter exclaimed and other voices quickly hushed him.

"Shhh!"

Snow blinked at the room, feeling a mixture of surprise and curiosity as the bookkeeper laughed.

"Children, come on out. You've already revealed where you are anyway," The man said and a group of young children came out of the room behind the curtain.

"Hi!" A boy with light teal hair waved at Snow and Snow recognised his voice as the one who was surprised that Snow was five.

"Don't mind him, he's just a little surprised that you're like us," A young girl piped up, folding her arms. Her white hair shone even in the lamp light and her turquoise eyes seemed to be looking though Snow, the same colour as his own eyes.

"Now, now. We can't just stand here to chat and block the entrance!" The bookkeeper clapped his hands, getting the children's attention, seeing how Snow was a little overwhelmed when they started shooting him dozens of questions at a time.

"Someone gave me some tarts made from a recipe in one of my books, so shall we have a break?"

"Tarts!"

"Is it apple tarts? They're really good!~" The children cheered and rushed to the room behind the counter, leaving Snow who's a little unsure whether he should follow them.