That Christmas spent with you. {Rayu}

Christmas: The Season of Joy and Giving.

The question in mind is... How do I give back to her?

As he let the question linger on his mind, Ren stared blankly at the pile of notes with his messy scribbles on, hoping to attain enlightenment that way.

Of course that wouldn't work and Ren decided to slam his head on the table and bury himself under the papers to blend in with his surroundings. This grated on the nerves of his housemate, Yuuta, who had kept the place clean.

"Oi!" Yuuta snapped, unable to take Ren's nonsense anymore.
"What the heck are you doing?"

"Yuuuttaa! What should I doooo?" Ren didn't look at the annoyed expression on Yuuta's face.
"I think she hates me."

"Who?" Yuuta frowned, anger replaced by confusion. "If you're talking about Minami, you know if she gets pissed at the two of us she'll kick us out--"

"No, not her. Sayu!"

"Huh? Don't tell me... Did you do something weird again?"

"N-no! I just..." Ren mumbled, trying to search for the right word.
"Thought it would be nice to arrange an assignation with her?"

"What?" Yuuta stared blankly at Ren, who had taken a sudden interest in the floor.

"Umm, I mean... She would be delighted with the idea of a rendezvous or a tryst. Okay, definitely not an affair but--"

"So, you're saying you asked Sayu out on a date?"

"Yea..." Ren nodded, looking uncomfortable when Yuuta said the word 'date'.
"I kept asking her but she said she can't make it or she's busy. She probably had enough and told me I was bothering her. She must hate me by now..."

"You..." Yuuta sighed, guessing what's the problem was. He then snatched up Ren's phone and scrolled past the messages.

"Are you an idiot? 78 messages to her and not one with the words "GO OUT ON A DATE WITH ME"."

"Ahahahah..."

"Don't laugh! You of all people should know that Sayu can be clueless at times, especially when it involves her. Why can't you get straight to the point?!
Stop beating around the bush!

"What assignment? What rendezvous or tryitshiet? Just tell her you want to go on a date with her!" Yuuta lashed out at Ren, who backed away meekly.

"Now, get out this instant and don't you come back till you tell her!"
As soon as those words were uttered, the door slammed shut and Ren found himself standing outside. Ren rolled his eyes at the closed door; he turned around and broke into a run, smiling as he was secretly glad for his friend's help.

*~*~*~*

A delicious sweet smell is emanating from a café. At this time of the day, the place was filled with customers and among the chattering, a voice called out.

"Sayu?"

"Yes?" The girl with pink hair looked up from her phone, hearing her name called.

"What's the matter?" The redhead with her hair in a neat ponytail, Jace (JCWine) asked, for her friend seemed a little glum.

"Nothing much really!" Sayu smiled at Jace, putting away her phone. She then looked to the bespectacled girl seated on the opposite of the table.
"Shuppet. You're close to Ren, aren't you?"

"Yup~" Shuppet nodded, watching the tea in her cup swirl as she stirred it with a spoon. The girls were having a 'girls' day' and were resting at the Café for tea.