~ Seasons Spin Off [3] ~

RainingStorms Welp, I've tried.

Excuse the crappy work~ :'3

"Five minutes is up! For the first round, Summer and Winter will be against Farzel. As for the second round, Glade and Aqua are against Ariel." Lumiere announced from the audience stand.
Aqua waved at Winter and Summer, cheering them on while Glade yelled at Winter, telling him not to screw up. At that, Winter sighed and rolled his eyes at his brother.

Summer studied the Earth type user standing at the other end of the arena; the serious expression on his face could be seen as his armour seemed to be glowing with a strange green luminance.

Farzel seemed to be a nice person, offering his long sleeved jackets to Glade and Aqua and assuring them that they would need it in the next round against Ariel.
Other than that, the bespectacled boy was rather quiet during the entire training practice and everything about him was shrouded in mystery.

His reaction during the introduction was strangest to her, especially since everyone else was stunned, surprised or in awe when they found out about Winter was a Double-type and that he even had a special power.

However Farzel merely accepted that information as if the news was perfectly ordinary and he was indifferent to Winter, instead of giving the eyes of admiration people usually had.
Summer then approached him, asking him why wasn't he surprised and she remembered the answer clearly.

"So what if he's a Double type? That still doesn't mean he'll always win if he becomes careless due to his talent nor does that mean he can save everyone with it."

There was an underlying bitterness in Farzel's soft voice and the expression on his face was torn with grief at that time.

Had Farzel failed to save someone precious to him even with his power, 'Crystalline Protection'? Whatever it was, Summer did not have time to think about it when Misty called out for the competitors to get ready for the battle.

Winter tapped on her shoulder, reminding her in a whisper about the makeshift battle plan they had came up with. She nodded, covering her face with her fox mask as she unsheathed her flamesword.

Farzel smiled at them, nodding politely before holding up his metallic shield, his only weapon, which was decorated with gemstones and crystals arranged in a spiral. Winter stood beside Summer, prepared to execute the plan.

Misty took that as a sign as they were ready to start the battle and as soon as she said "Start", Summer raised her flaming sword and flaming oil rained from the sky, lighting up the dark arena. Farzel immediately keeled down and held his shield above his head, blocking the oil with it.

Winter created an ice dome surrounding Summer and himself before using Ice Craft again to create his weapons. Summer sworn she heard Ariel squealed in delight but she focused on directing the oil storm at Farzel.

Winter surrounded Farzel with his weapons and with a snap of his fingers, they were embedded in the ground, creating a cage around him and Summer stopped the oil storm once Winter broke the ice dorm down.

Their plan had worked perfectly, Winter's ice had frozen the oil from the oil storm Summer had created and this made an icy enclosure around Farzel, freezing the whole arena floor in the process.

It would be claustrophobic being trapped in such a small space and Summer knew first-hand how cold the ice Winter created when it surrounded her. And no matter how Summer thought about it, there was no way Farzel could stand being in that place for so long and it was impossible to escape from the cage.