Chapter 3

"Damn," I swore cursing my brother's name. Kye didn't let go of me but instead extinguished the light with a flick of his hand and made all the books and the IPod invisible. He dragged me over to the waterfall and listened.

I heard my brother's loud foot falls approaching at a sluggish pace. Well, he definitely saw the light, I thought. Kye jumped through the curtain of water and beckoned me through. White and water didn't go well together, but neither did my brother and Kye at one in the morning. So, I jumped through the water soaking myself straight to the bones. Kye caught me as I stumbled and we watched my brother appear through the trees. Oh boy, you could see the fire blowing out of his ears.

"Come on Kye, give her to me and I won't tell our folks," Patrick whispered into the darkness. Kye stiffened and grabbed my hand. I saw Patrick head towards the waterfall and then I was standing in my room.

"Go take a shower and tell him that was where you were the whole time, your dress and shoes are in your closet," Kye whispered hastily. "The books and IPod I'll give you tomorrow. Go, Leena, he's coming back and he looks angrier." Kye went to the door but then came back and gave me a small little peck on the cheek. A flush flamed on my cheeks and Kye chuckled as he slipped into the hallway.

I followed his instructions and went to the bathroom. When the door downstairs opened I could just feel the rage pouring off of my brother.

I stepped out of the bathroom right into my brother's chest. My bathrobe felt too tight all of a sudden. Patrick grabbed my arm and pulled me into my room. When the door was locked he leaned against it and looked at me with narrowed eyes. After, I put my clothes into my clothes basket I heaved an exaggerated sigh.

"What do you want Patrick?" I asked coolly as I turned, facing him. His face was fire truck red.

"Aleena, where were you?" he asked his voice raw. When I gave him a look he growled. "I mean it."

"Where do you think I was?" I spat. "I was taking a shower because I couldn't sleep. The water calmed me, a little too much, and I fell asleep with the water running on me. I jolted awake when I heard the door downstairs open and hurried on getting out." The lie was so easy I almost believed that's what happened instead. I narrowed my eyes at my brother and his face paled.

"I-I'm sorry. I-I thought," he stuttered. I felt bad but pushed on.

"I know what you thought, Pat," I said walking over to him and laid my hand on his arm. "Just because you don't know where I am doesn't mean I'm off with some guy. You know I'm a good girl and that I wouldn't put this stress on Mom and Dad." I gave him a little hug and shooed him out of my room so I could get ready for my party.

I locked my door and closed my curtains. Shrugging off my bathrobe I turned on my light. I slipped on my white strapless bra and purple underwear. And guess who decided to pop by when my back was turned?

"Kye Daniels!" I hissed as I wrapped my hands on my stomach.

"Sorry!" he replied turning around. His face turned as red as a crayon. I grabbed the dress he gave me and slipped it on. It was a purple strapless dress that went down to my knees. It was tight on the top and then when it hit my waist it flowed to my knees. I picked up my flats and threw them at him. They both hit his head at the same time. "Ow!"

I crossed my arms as he turned to face me. I grabbed my brush and Kye flinched like I was going to throw it at him. Barefoot, I strutted to my mirror and brushed my long hair. Once I was sure there were no more knots I braided my hair into a french fishtail. Setting my brush on my dresser, I grabbed the grey shadow watching me in the corner and hugged her to my chest. I placed her down again and faced the little perv. He had gone and sat on my bed. His head hung in his hands ashamedly. Guilt coursed through me. I walked over to him and knelt before him. He lifted his head to look at me and I gave him a little kiss on the cheek. He shaved his stubble at least.