Chapter 11

I woke up the next day to impenetrable silence besides the two brutes snoring on my floor. I laughed under my breath and silently crept out of the room. The clock across the hall read 8:30. My parents still weren't up so I went to their bedroom door. It was open a crack. Cautiously I pushed it open and saw their bed a mess and the window open.

Something shiny caught my attention so I crept into their room. A note emblazoned with a symbol I was all too familiar with was lying there perfectly still. My fingers started to shake as I picked up the note. I broke the seal and unfurled the note.

Dear Aleena, 

I do wish to make your day so much better so I'll break the news to you. 

You're beloved parents are with me.

I was surprised you didn't hear them they put up quite the racket.

Well you might've if you weren't out with two boys.

Anyway, if you can find me I'll propose a deal that'll allow me to give your family back unharmed. 

Follow this riddle and you'll find me.

I await at the end,

Where the grass dies and the screams are silent,

Where the answers that you seek lie,

But you need to be alone,

Where am I?

Yours Truly,

A.

Panic gripped my veins like a freezing hand. I knew where to go but I didn't want to.

He wants me to go to the end of the world...

Alone.