Chapter Eight

Walburga,
If you wouldn't mind, Sirius is going to stay withe me for a while over summer break, so I'll just bring him home with me.
~ Angelica

Angelica,
I trust you'll make sure he's properly punished?
~Walburga

Walburga,
I'll be certain he gets his just desserts.
~ Angelica

Angelica,
Why do I doubt that?
He has to come home some time over the break.
~Walburga

Walburga,
It's up to him, I can't make him.
~Angelica

Angelica,
I'll talk to him. Thank you.
So, you got in with the Dark Lord. Who would have thought you of all people would be in that position? I must say, I admire you for that, especially with how much you advocate for Muggles.
~Walburga

I left the school as soon as I could and apparated to the train station. Sirius got off the train with James, Peter and Remus, all of them looking around for their parents.
Sirius broke into a grin when he saw me and pulled his friends over. All four of them hugged me, and I couldn't help but smile.
It must be nice to be a child in these times; you don't have to know about all of the evil things your former lover has done.
"Want to go get ice cream?" I asked Sirius as we were leaving. I was going to keep my promise to my cousin. I was giving him his 'just desserts.'
"Sure." He smiled.
"Well, I told your mum. She said it was fine, but you have to go home at some point." I said as we walked around a Muggle park.
He nodded, and we walked in silence for a while. "Whoa, cool! What's that?" Sirius pointed at a motorbike that sped by.
"That's a motorcycle. They're dangerous."
"I want one when I'm older."
I smiled and shook my head.
Hagrid brought Padfoot over and stayed for dinner.

"Do I have to go back?" Sirius asked the next morning.
"I'm afraid so." I gave a sympathetic smile. "Here." I handed him a Muggle telephone.
"What is it?"
"It's a telephone. I put my number in there. Call me if you need anything, anything at all."
He nodded and hugged me. "Thank you."
"Sure." I hugged him back.
"I'm scared." He whispered.
"I know." I twirled his hair. "You'll be all right. That's why I gave you the phone."
"Thank you, Aunt Angie." He kissed my cheek.
"Sure, sweetie."
He slipped his hand into mine as we walked up to his house.
"Make sure not to let them see the phone." I whispered.
He nodded.
Walburga opened the door. "Sirius, hello. Glad you want to see your mother after all this time."
"Hi, Sirius!" Regulus ran down the stairs and to the doorway.
"Hey, Reg." Sirius smiled.
"Come on, Sirius. Inside."
I waited by the phone that night, just in case.
It was four days before he called, crying. "Will you come get me?" He asked.
"Sure, sweetie. I'll be there in a second."
When I got there, he was waiting outside with his trunk. He got up and ran to me as soon as I apparated there, throwing his arms around me. I sat down on the stairs, and he sat in my lap, crying into my shoulder. "I want to go home with you. Can I go home with you?" He asked.
"Yes, sweetie. Come on."
I made him tea, and we sat down at the table, him sniffling occasionally.
I was so mad. I didn't know what they did to him, but I wanted to hurt them.
"Do you want to tell me what happened?" I asked gently.
He shook his head vehemently, starting to cry again. Padfoot put his head on Sirius' leg.
"It's okay, you don't have to."
He came over and sat in my lap again. I kissed his forehead. "It's okay, Sirius. I love you."

We were watching some Muggle show on the telly a few nights later. He fell asleep with his head on Padfoot. Padfoot gave me a pleading look, but I just smiled.
I didn't want this poor little boy to go home to those horrid people ever. I know how much I hated going home, and I know it's got to be worse for Sirius.
Just as the show was ended, Padfoot jumped up and started barking. Sirius jumped awake as Padfoot ran to the door. There was a knock on the door.
I went to open it, Sirius trailing behind me. I gestured for him to stop. Nobody knocks at three in the morning. Padfoot barked at the door, growling.
I opened the door and proceeded to scream at the top of my lungs. I was looking into the face of a monster.
"It's me." The creature said.
Padfoot ran out and bit his leg.
"Avada Kedavra!" Lord Voldemort said. There was a flash of green light, a yelp, and Padfoot fell on the ground. I screamed and slammed the door.
"Go." I said. "Hide in the bedroom. Now."
"But--" He began as Lord Voldemort called my name.
"Go, Sirius! Don't make me ask you again!" I snapped, and he ran.
"Angie, open up."
I opened the door. "You killed my puppy!" I exclaimed.
"I'm sorry, he took me by surprise."
"Asshole! I told you not to come here! Get the hell away from me!"
"Angie--"
"No!" I screamed. "Don't come near me! You monster! I know it was you who killed all of those people! You monster!"
"Angie, hear me out--"
"Do not call me Angie--"
"May I come in?"
"No! No you may not!"
"You know I won't hurt you--"
"You killed my puppy!"
"He wasn't a puppy. He was a dog."
"I told you not to come here, Tom! Get the hell away."
"Are you not scared of me?"
"No!" I screamed. I was crying. "I hate you! I hate you! Get away!"
"Angie, please. I did this for us--"
"For us?! There is no us! You're evil, Tom! Pure evil! What did you do? What the fuck did you do?"
"Let me come in. I'll explain--"
"No. You aren't coming in here." I pulled out my wand.
"I'm not going to hurt you, Angie."
"You might not hurt me, but I won't hesitate to hurt you."
"I thought you loved me."
"Yes. In the past tense. Look at yourself, Tom!" He had red, slitted eyes. "And what the hell happened to your nose?!"
"Snakes. Long story. But Angie, I'm still me--"
"I don't know who you are, Tom. I don't even know who you were. Get the hell away from me and never come back." I slammed the door.
"Angelica, please." He called from the other side.
I locked it with magic.
Tom was a powerful wizard, and it's not like that would have kept him out.
I ran to Sirius' room. "Get your stuff." I said. "Get your stuff and come to my room."
I started to leave.
"Aunt Angie, wait!" He said.
I turned around.
He came and hugged me. "Are you okay?" He asked.
I kissed his head. "Yes. Pack your things."
I ran to my room and quickly threw my things in a bag then ran back to his room. "Hurry up."
"Angie, you can't keep me out." Tom called.
"I'm done." He said.
"Hold on tight." I said, wrapping my arms around him for good measure before apparating.
"Oh Merlin." He said when we got to Hogsmaede.
"I know. It's disconcerting. We have to get to Hogwarts. Are you okay?"
He nodded.
I grabbed his hand and pulled him along.
"What about Padfoot?" He asked.
"He's dead."
"How?"
"I'll explain later."
"Who was it?"
"I'll explain later."
We got into Hogwarts and I got down on my knees in front of him. "I'm so sorry, Sirius." I said, sobbing.
"Ooh, Professor Black! What a lovely--" Peeves began.
"Go get Dumbledore." I interrupted.
"I am not to be bossed around--"
"Must I ask again? Go." I turned back to Sirius.
He hugged me. "It's okay, Aunt Angie." He told me.
I started crying. This eleven year old boy was consoling me.
"Are you okay?" I asked, looking up at him. He wasn't crying. He looked angry.
He nodded. "Are you?"
I nodded.
"No you're not. Do you want to talk about it?"
I started crying harder. I kissed his head and stood up. "I'll explain once I've talked to Professor Dumbledore." I said, sucking it up. I dropped my bag. "Come with me."
He nodded and slipped his hand into mine. "It's okay, Aunt Angie."
"Angelica!" Minerva called, coming down a staircase.
I turned to her, grateful. She ran over and hugged me. "What happened?"
I shook my head. "Oh Merlin. Will you stay with Sirius while I talk to Albus?"
She nodded. "Come on, Mr. Black. Do you want a biscuit?"
"Sure." He said. He looked up at me.
"I'll see you in a little bit, okay?" I asked him.
He hugged me. "It's okay, Aunt Angie. I love you."