Chapter 4

Loki (3rd person)

The first thing Odin noticed about the girl was her countenance. She was quite lovely. Her hair was old gold, just past her shoulders with a short part off to the side, almost in front of one eye. Her eyes were blue, almost Jotun blue. Her skin was fair and she looked up at him with pride and confidence.

Loki had noticed as well. They had all noticed. There is no denying she’s Asgardian. Not with her looks. He looked over at his brother, and saw Thor’s expression. And he is quite taken with her as well.

Jealousy surged within him, and he didn’t know why. He had had enough with women. Hadn’t he?

“Why did you come to Asgard young lady?”

She looked up at Odin again, her eyes flickering to Loki, before resting on Odin. “I was being attacked when I called for Heimdall…I didn’t know it would take me to Asgard.”

This puzzled Loki. He had many questions about this Halfling. Something told him he’d be sneaking into his father’s private library later on to find out more.

“My dear, you seem to know much of Asgard. Yet you have never resided here. Correct?”

She nodded. “I was born and raised on earth by my mother. My father is Asgardian.”

“Who is your father?” This questions had been on Odin’s mind since the Halfling first came to Asgard 4 days ago. Her father had to have been powerful. He had to be someone who had stayed with her long enough for her to have known who she was.

“I do not know…”She trailed off. “He never told me his name.”

“How long did your father stay with you then?” Odin was clearly disappointed that she did not know. He would probably ask Loki to search her memories later on.

“He was with me for 10 years of my life…and been absent for 13.” Odin nodded, satisfied with that answer at least.

“Young lady, it seems as though your father had foreseen your arrival to Asgard.”

Noelle nodded. “He had told me it was his wish.”

“Very well. We will conclude this questioning for now. I welcome you to Asgard for now.” He dismissed her.

It was quicker than Loki had expected. But as he looked towards the lovely woman again, he could see she was drained. She rose, hissed slightly, threatening to fall.

He didn’t even wait. Loki sprang forward to her aid, his arm around her waist to hold her up. When he went to grab her arm, he felt cool metal and muscular arm. He looked up to see his brother glaring at him. He glared back. How silly. We both wanted to help her.

“I will escort her back to the healing room.” Thor said.

“No, I believe I shall escort her.” Loki said, his voice like ice. He didn’t know why, but he didn’t want Thor to be alone with her. He knew that look of determination in his eyes. He wanted to woo this one.

“I believe the healers will escort her to the healing room.” Odin said, looking unamused at his sons. Frigga seemed like she was trying not to laugh. She had never seen them openly competitive to escort a young lady.

Both young men waited until the healer approached to let her go, both glaring at one another. The healer helped her a few feet before picking her up and carrying her out of the hall. Loki wished he could be the one looking after her. He had so many questions.

“It seems we will have to dig deeper for answers.” Odin remarked to no one in particular. “We need to make sure she is telling the truth.”

“Father, I will vouch for her. She was being truthful.” Thor jumped to the girl’s defence.