Chapter 20

Please don't hate me at the end of this chapter! Cheers!

I felt the panic slowly rising to my chest as Garrick started walking backwards, dragging me along with him. I struggled, trying to desperately get away, to move, to do something! He chuckled in my ear, bringing chills to my spine. I felt my heart constrict with fear when I saw the three men closing in on Loki. One of the pulled out a switchblade, while the other two proceeded to grab him.

“Loki, run!” I told him. I saw his eyes flick up at me, then away again. “Go!” I urged him. I didn’t want him to get hurt. Just when it looked like he was going to run, I saw something shoot from his hand. A throwing knife. The guy with the knife doubled over, his hand grasping his side. The other two guys advanced on him, a blur of fists.

“You know, your boyfriend is kind of familiar.” Garrick whispered. His hand hitched tighter around my waist, traveling up to my stomach. I flinched, before kicking his shin with the back of my heel. Dammit girl, think! You have battle training for Odin’s sake! Use it! Garrick swore, turned me around and grabbed my hair, pulling my head back and making me look at him.

I swung my fist in an arc, catching him off guard and punching him in the side of the head. He let go of me and I ran to try and help Loki, who was jabbing a throwing knife into the one guy’s chest while the other pulled him to the ground. Loki stabbed the guy’s leg, who in retaliation went to kick his face into the curb. I dropped my shoulder and tackled him before he could.

We landed on the hard concrete, luckily the guy was there to break some of my fall. I got up and turned to see how Loki was when I felt my hair being pulled again. Garrick pulled me towards him, wrapping an arm around my neck and another around my arms and chest, pulling me into a side alley. “Put your knives down dude. Or I’ll kill her.” Garrick said. His voice was chilling. He sounded like he was talking about the weather, or talking to someone in a coffee shop. He was so casual about murder.

I heard a few clinks. I looked up to see Loki dropping the knives, white hot anger on his face. And even though I was in serious trouble right now, I had to admit it turned me on. “Let her go. You do not need her.” Loki said.

Garrick threw his head back and laughed, his voice sickening. “You’re right. I don’t need this whore. But I feel owed. You see, she’s a liar. She lied to me about who she was, didn’t you baby? And she made fun of my power. You see,” He looked Loki dead in the eye. “My father is Odin. And I know she went to where he was. And she’s going to take me there, won’t you?”

I shook my head. Loki narrowed his eyes at the poor man who was holding me captive.

“You won’t take me?” Ha asked again. I shook my head vigorously. “Well then. I guess we’ll have to do it the hard way. Maybe after a little fun you’ll be convinced. If that doesn’t work, we can go again.” Garrick pulled me by the hair, pushing me down to the ground, to my knees. I saw Loki dart forward, only to stop. Garrick had pulled out a knife and was pointing it to the side of my neck. “You move, she dies instantly.” He pushed me forward, and got down on his knees. My mind clicked and suddenly all common sense fled from my body. I began to scramble forward, not caring about the knife tip pressing into my flesh. I screamed, and Garrick fought me. Loki began to try to fight Garrick, landing a few punches in here and there. He couldn’t totally get into the fight, since Garrick kept a steady hand to my neck, ready to kill me.

Finally, Loki lunged at him, when something pulled him back by the collar of his jacket. I cried out as the guy I had tackled held Loki by the arms. Loki fought him, throwing punches, throwing his head back and breaking the guy’s nose.

I felt Garrick grab my waist and pull me to him as Loki fought and struggled with the guy. “Did you get a chance to have a piece of this?” He asked Loki, who’s spine stiffened. I saw him shaking with pure rage. “I guess not. Well, I’ll break her in. You can have her when I’m done.” He sheathed his knife. “If there’s anything left, that is.” He leaned forward and kissed the back of my neck.