Chapter 30

Alright, here we go! Chapter 30! Wow...hard to believe I got this far. Thank you everyone for being patient and supporting this story! I included I link to a deleted scene from Thor, so basically what happens in the last part of this chapter. Anyways, Cheers!

My eyes snapped open when I heard someone sigh. I froze, panic welling up in my chest, until I remembered I was still in Loki’s room, sleeping next to Loki. I calmed a bit, stretching and turning over gently to face Loki. He was still asleep, the lids of his eyelids closed softly.

He was slightly tangled in the sheets, telling me that it had been a fitful sleep, tossing and turning. I watched his chest rise and drop, the slight movement causing the sheet to slip a bit, exposing more of his chest to me. I looked back up to his face, which lacked any of the hard lines that it had had last night. He looked so happy and calm when he was asleep. As much as I wanted to reach out to stroke his cheek, his eyebrows, his lips, I didn’t want to wake him.

I let my thoughts drift, wondering what Thor was doing. I wondered where he landed on Earth, if anyone had found him. I didn’t know when Thor had been there last, and he was bound to be confused by, well, everything. Earth wasn’t like Asgard in any regards.

I just hope you’re okay Thor. Wherever you are. I couldn’t help the sigh that escaped my chest, worrying about him. In the short year I had been in Asgard, I had come to know Thor as a brother. I didn’t want anything to happen to him. At the same time though, I didn’t think Odin would send his heir to his death. He was probably trying to teach him a lesson. Whatever that lesson may be, I hope he learns it fast.

“Thinking of Thor will not help him, nor give him any advice.” Loki’s deep, musical voice penetrated my thoughts. His face was buried in the pillow. I shifted closer, putting a hand on his back and began to move in slow circles.

“I just hope he’s okay…” I couldn’t help but be worried. There were some nasty people on Earth.

“As do I.” I watched as he slowly got out of bed and stood with his back to me, stretching. I watched the muscles bunch as he tried to loosen the knots out. I rolled myself out of bed, careful to let my feet touch the ground quickly before falling on the floor. I still wasn’t as graceful as Loki, or anyone here in Asgard. I didn’t think I would ever compare in that facet.

I walked around the large bed, reaching my hands out and laying them on his shoulders. Before he could protest, I began to gently knead the knot, using my thumbs to get the worst out. He was incredibly tense, but who could blame him?

“Am I hurting you?” I asked tentatively.

“Nooo.” The response came out more like a moan. I giggled, and began going further down his spine, massaging the space between his shoulder blades, his mid back, his lower back. When I finished, I made another round, starting bottom to top. “I should request this more often.”

“Only if the favor is returned.” I teased. He turned once I finished and I got a half smile, which didn’t reach his eyes. I wrapped my arms around his torso, resting my head against his chest. After a few minutes I felt his strong arms return the gesture, resting his head on top of mine.

“I must see Frigga today.” Loki whispered, barely audible today.

I nodded. “Why don’t you consider Frigga to be your mother anymore?” I was truly curious about this. A lot of kids were adopted on Earth. It was upsetting, shattering to find out. But it wasn’t like they left you after telling you.

“Because she is not my mother.” Loki’s voice was now sharp, curt. “Farbauti is. And Laufey.” He choked a bit on the name. “Is my father. The slaughterer of human and Asgardians alike.”