Chapter 27

I know I took a little longer to update, and I just wanted to apologize. Life kind of got in the way a bit, but here it is! Also, if you haven't checked them out yet, I added some deleted scenes from Thor. My favourite being the heart to heart Loki and Thor have. Anyways, cheers!

A few days after the ball, Loki was still shaken up by the meeting with Saga. He became very anxious and distracted, something that didn’t happen often with Loki. He was more withdrawn, taking space. Which was why I was wishing my father a safe trip on my own. Only yesterday my father found me, letting me know he was leaving again. We stood near the Bifrost site, hugging.

“Where are you going? And when will you be back?” I asked, hoping he wouldn’t be gone long. I loved having my father in my life, and I didn’t want him to have to leave again.

“I am needed in Alfheim. The Light Elves have been discussing politics, and would like Asgard to be present to give its insight. As for when I am to return…” He trailed off, frowning.

I sighed. “You don’t know, do you?” I pouted slightly. I couldn’t help but think he was leaving me again. I knew I was an adult, and had lived without my dad for thirteen years. Now that he was back, I had hoped he would stay with me. I felt disappointment seep into me.

“Now, do not be sad.” My father held me at arm’s length, observing my face. “Do not think I do not love you because I cannot stay here. It was a blessing to see you my dear, I had missed you. And I will miss your smiling face when I depart. But I will always return for my daughter.”

I smiled, blinking back tears. “Take care of yourself dad.” He nodded.

“Take care of yourself, my dear. And your charming prince. He loves you, and though you will face hardships together, love will prevail.” His tone of voice had a sense of foreboding to it, and I tried to shake it off, think of it as fatherly advice, and not a warning.

I fingered Loki’s necklace, rubbing my thumb over the crystals, loving the texture. I had worn it every day since the ball. “I will father.”

He reached over and took the pendant from my fingers, observing it. “Quite beautiful. He did a fine job of selecting it.” I suddenly felt a spark, heat warming me. It seemed to be coming from my necklace, but as soon as I noticed it, it was gone. “I must be going now.” He bowed, kissing my hand, before turning and walking into the dome of the Bifrost. I watched as the mechanism moved and clanked, aiming. Then he was gone.

I mounted Frost, who neighed and tapped her hooves. I had taken her to give my dad a ride to the Bifrost, and she had become restless with waiting. I gently pushed my heels into her sides, getting her to start, and began working her up to a run. In a few minutes we were racing through the city, dodging busy salespeople and shoppers, children in the streets chasing after us.

We ran all the way to the palace, passing the waiting stable hands, heading for the forest trails. Frost didn’t let up, and I couldn’t blame her; she had been cooped up for days, since all the time I usually spent with her went to my father.

I was racing down the trails, taking an unfamiliar trail when I felt Loki getting closer to me. I smiled, wondering how he could sneak up on me, even while we were connected. ‘Magic.’, was the simple reply I received.

‘Where are you?’ I continued at the pace I was at, not stopping. He could catch up.

‘Behind you.’ The next thing I knew, I felt someone quickly place their lips on my cheek for a brief second, and wind whipping my hair as a dark horse raced past, with Loki turned and grinning cheekily at me. I laughed, urging Frost forward to catch up with the mischievous man.