Chapter 31

So it's been about a month since I've updated...and I feel like a terrible person for taking so much time. I've never really been the one to write long authors notes, because I find them annoying, or unnecessary. But I can see now why people write them. You all deserve some sort of explanation, or I feel as if you do. The past month, I've been studying for exams, obsessing over prom, planning a flight to see my boyfriend, and trying to get back $300 that was taken from me by a person I trusted. During these hectic weeks, during all my free time I've been either working, or sleeping. I thought about writing, even just a few sentences every day, but then life would get in the way again, like it always does. But I'm never taking another break like this from writing. I plan on not only finishing this story, but starting the sequel and my other Tom Hiddleston Fanfic. Anyways, thanks for being patient. Cheers! :) 

I sat with the warriors three in the same secret room we had been in yesterday.

Yesterday. I still couldn’t get over how much had happened in a span of 24 hours. Maybe I was making a big deal out of it all, but I couldn’t help but think more time had passed. I kept thinking Thor was going to walk in the door with Loki, laughing. Saying they had pulled a prank on all of us, that he wasn’t truly banished, and Loki would say he wasn’t actually adopted. Not that that changed how I felt about him, I just wished it wasn’t true to Loki wouldn’t suffer so much.

But I knew that wasn’t realistic, as the five of us sat on the lounges, gazing into the fire. Fandral had called us all here after dinner to discuss Thor’s predicament. “Honestly, I can’t see us being able to do much.”

“There must be something we can do.” Fandral persisted. “Perhaps we can ask Loki to make a trip to Earth-”

“The Allfather will certainly suspect something if we send his brother to him.” Sif said bitterly. She hadn’t gotten over Loki’s reaction yesterday.

“Surely Loki could conceal himself.”

“I doubt he would want to-”

“People.” I interrupted their bickering. “Arguing about what Loki will and won’t do isn’t important. Like I said, I don’t think there’s anything we can do.” I wasn’t trying to pull everyone’s mood down, but I was also trying to be realistic. We had talked about this for hours, and we weren’t getting any closer to a solution.

I heard Hogun sigh. “Then we must ask the Allfather to lift Thor’s banishment.” No one said anything. I gazed into the fire, wondering if there was anything we could do.

“And if he says no?” I put in. Might as well have a backup plan.

“Then we must await until Thor’s banishment ends.” Hogun said sadly. It was the most he’d said all day.

“But that could take years!” Sif said shrilly.

“What are years to Asgardians? It’s not like he’ll be there for centuries.”

I stood up. I was hungry, and needed a snack. “I’m going to get something to eat.” I doubt they heard me, because they started arguing again. I pushed the heavy door open and then closed it behind me, leaning on it slightly. They didn’t know the Allfather wouldn’t be able to end Thor’s banishment for a few days. I didn’t know if Frigga would be presiding over the throne until then, so maybe they would have some luck with her.

I walked to the great hall, wondering if Loki was around somewhere. I hoped he was behaving himself. I continued to the hall, finding fresh fruit, cheese and wine set on the tables to snack on. I piled my plate high, and poured a small goblet of red wine. Taking a bite of cheese and a sip of the fruity wine, I watched the people around me, chatting and laughing. I wonder if they knew what was really happening here. Or if they even cared that the monarchy was basically thrown out of balance at the moment. I found because I was seeing Loki, I knew more about the political situations in the realms. And right now, I was sure that Asgard was the talk of all the monarchies. The secret should be out by now.