Chapter 17

I was back in Asgard. Only, it wasn't Asgard, much more spectacular. I was in this strange realm, in a forest surrounded by trees, lying in a clearing. The flowers surrounding me in full bloom, scarfing the ground with color. I was lying across the flowers, their scent so sweet and their petals soft. I felt so relaxed, so safe.

I looked to my right, seeing Loki lying next to me. His face was inches from mine, whispering to me, though I couldn't hear a word he said. He smiled to me, his beautiful green gem-like eyes lighting up, leaning in closer to me.

This must be a dream...

"Noelle." He whispered to me. "Noelle, you must awaken." I smiled, this was so weird. Wasn't I awake already? Wasn't this real?

My body shook just then, a tremor spiking through it. I looked back at Loki, still lying next to me, getting impossibly closer each passing moment. He didn't seem to even feel the tremor...I relaxed again closing my eyes.

The tremor shook me again, this time much more violently. What was going on?

*********************

I woke up, nearly jumping out of my skin to see a disheveled looking Loki hovering over me. It was only a dream...I haven't dreamt something so pretty in, well, forever. It all seemed so real, the forest, the flowers, Loki. I even felt the textures around me, could smell the flowers. This was the most vivid, lucid dream I had ever experienced.

"Have you finally awoken?" Loki asked impatiently. It took me a moment to register the question, before flopping back down into bed, rolling to my side and pulling the covers slightly over my head. This was not how I had wanted to wake up on Christmas morning.

Oh, right. It's Christmas! I had completely forgotten it was Christmas morning with the wake up call I received. "Yes, I am awake Loki. Merry Christmas." It wasn't the cheeriest greeting, but I was doing my best.

"Merry merry to you as well, now please awaken! You mother will not allow me to break my fast until you rise from bed!" I pulled the cover of my head to see the funniest sight: Loki sitting on my bed with his arms crossed over his chest, the most impatient, crabby face I have ever seen.

I laughed out loud. "Loki, you can't expect me to just get up as soon as I open my eyes. Give me a moment." I closed my eyes to relax, planning on getting out of bed slowly. Jumping out of bed was not something I liked to do. Even if it was Christmas. Loki just sighed unhappily and waited patiently. I could feel his eyes on me the whole time, waiting. After two minutes, I had had enough of his crabbiness and just got out of bed. Loki is definitely not a morning person.

When I pulled my feet out from under the covers and placed them on the floor, Loki jumped of my bed and pulled me up the rest of the way, hurrying me. He must have been that hungry, to be pulling me around to get some food. It was then that I realized what Loki was wearing: a pair of plaid sleep pants, and that was all he was wearing. Now, with the light streaming in from the window and the doorway, I could see Loki's sculpted chest and broad shoulders. It really hit me how pale he was in stark contrast with his ebony hair.

He noticed me staring and though the crabby attitude left his face, the stoic expression remained. "Your...your mother brought me clothing this morning." I wondered where my mother had gotten clothes for Loki when I realized she must have kept some of my dad's clothes. It was the only explanation, since it was Christmas day and I was pretty sure all stores were closed.

Though Loki looked incredibly mouth-watering in the plaid pants, which were still a little big and hung low on his hips, adding to the image of perfection, he looked a little uncomfortable in the clothing. Either he just wasn't used to the clothing or the fabric, or I had a creepy expression on my face while I observed him.