Chapter 11

Alright, I've fixed it up, and I am a lot happier with how this one came out. Hope you like it! Cheers!

Two weeks. I thought. It’s been two weeks.

 Two weeks since my first days of actually being a citizen of Asgard. And so much has happened.

I finally finished my basic training, and had started my arms training with Sif, which was why I was up incredibly early. I was so excited, I had already bathed and dressed in my armor. I was learning the staff, like Sif used, but she was trying to find the best weapon for me by trial and error. Anyways, I sat on my lounge chair, just reflecting on my time here remembering everything.

Basic training had gone by easy enough. I passed, which was what mattered. I did make one friend, the girl who waved at me. Her name was Astryd, and she was nice. People still stared openly at me, but I was growing used to it.

I had lessons with Loki every afternoon, and once I got used to using magic, we would go out with Sif, Thor, and whoever else needed some entertainment in the group, to practice riding after supper. I needed to learn not only to get around, but because my father left me a horse in the stables. A few days after I first started magic, Loki took me to see her. Apparently, the stable boys had been keeping her for years, until I came to Asgard. She was beautiful, grey with white splotches on her. I didn’t know much about horses, but Loki said she was well-bred. She was pretty to look at, but riding her was a lot harder than they all made it look. I decided to call her Frost, since she was cold towards everyone at first, and eventually warmed up to us. I wasn’t that a great of a rider. Frost threw me twice, and luckily I landed without getting seriously hurt.

Loki and I also became close friends. At first, we just trained magic and practiced riding. Eventually, we started finding things in common with each other, like a love for books and languages. Loki even confided in me a few times, about his jealousy towards Thor, which shocked me, since I didn’t think someone like Loki could feel that way. He seemed so confident to me. I was glad Loki trusted me enough to tell me. I liked being around Loki. We talked about our pasts, stuff that’s happened to us. I know there are things he doesn’t want to tell me though; whenever we get to those topics, he changes the conversation.

But for the first time in my life, I had someone I wanted to confide in, other than my parents. On earth, I didn’t want to talk about my troubles or certain passions that I had because I didn’t trust people, or the problem somehow involved being a Halfling. Loki was becoming my go-to person. In two weeks, few things have actually happened to me, but the things that did happen, I talked about with Loki. It was nice having him around, and he seemed to enjoy my company too, which was nice to know. But the butterfly feelings I get when he smiles at me, or walks in the room hasn’t gone away. I’m beginning to think that they won’t. I felt this a few times with Garrick, but not nearly this much.

Other than Thor asking me out, which was called courting here, everything was good with me. I had to refuse Thor, because he was more like a brother to me, and luckily that didn’t make things weird between us. But I found myself liking Asgard more and more. I loved it here.

My arms training kept everything interesting. Like I said, I trained mainly with Sif. Lately, she has been having me train with more guys, but they are pretty reluctant. When Thor glares at them, they train with me, either going feather light or incredibly hard on me. When I thought about it, they were kind of mean. They didn’t talk to me, they didn’t help me out. It was kind of off putting. I was hoping they would warm to me eventually. I knew they had an ego, but it was starting to bother me a bit.

A few hours later…

“Pair up!” Thor ordered. Thor was training with us today. Sif told me he usually did other things, but he liked to come and spar with the trainees.