Chapter 5

Chapter 5

(My idea of what the gym in the White House might look like)

Jaxon

As I pinned the United States Flag pin to my lapel of my suit jacket, I refused to let my nerves get the best of me. I've chickened out on my morning workout again this morning because even though I told David that I'd try, I still wasn't ready to handle being around Agent Carter as of yet. But now my time was up. David and his sinfully sexy shadow was going to arrive any minute now to escort me to breakfast with my girls. I was going to have to get to know the man and introduce him to my daughters. They were sad to see David retire, but they knew that it wasn't going to the last of seeing him. They spend almost every other weekend hanging out at his house with his daughter, Jessica.

There was a quiet knock on my bedroom door and I squared my shoulders and gathered my coverage before walking across the room to answer it.

"Good morning Agent Knox, Agent Carter. I formally greeted them." Trying my best to act normal and not drool over the man standing slightly behind David off to his right. The agent looked absolutely edible in his fitted black suit. His earpiece was barely visible, but it still provided him with that official look that just made my mouth water. He was clean shaven and his dark hair was just a tad longer than the usual military regulation buzz cut. Those piercing green eyes were still as intense as they were when I'd first seen them, and his wide mouth with those plump pink lips had me conjuring up some very naughty scenarios in my mind. Quickly realizing where my train of thought was heading, I immediately slammed the inappropriate line of thinking down and pushed them way into the back into the closet where they belonged.

I was determined not to give myself and my feelings of attraction towards this man away. I'm a grown man and I'm the President of the United State for Christ's sake. I can control myself. That's my mantra for however long I'm going to need it. I stepped out into the hallway and closed my bedroom door. It was game time.

Breakfast was an interesting affair. God bless my inquisitive girls. Elizabeth and Catherine took to the new agent almost immediately. I think the man's rugged looks helped a bit because I've never seen my girls blush so much in the presence of any other of the agents. They peppered the man with questions, and it was through them that I learned Mason Carter was single. His pursuit of his career had left little free time for him to meet someone, much less start a relationship. I also learned that he was indeed a military brat and that he had four brothers, two older and two younger. Each of them were serving in a respective branch of the military.

I also learned that he was indeed one year younger than I was, so that made him 41 years old, but the man carried it well. He didn't look a day over 35. It was the next bit of information that had me reprimanding the girls, but curious as hell for the answer although after apologizing for Catherine's forwardness, and advised him that he didn't have to answer the question about of whether or not it was a potential girlfriend that brought him from Fort Bragg to Washington D.C.?

The man gave me one of those cock stirring grins and boldly looked me straight in the eye when he replied. "No angel, I'm not interested in girls. If I was looking for someone special, it would have to be a man. I hope me being gay doesn't mean we can't be friends."

Well, needless to say, you could have knocked me over with a feather. The girls both released a ear splitting squeal before gushing over the man like he was the next Messiah come to Earth. Their excitement over him showed me loud and clear how they felt about people in the LGBTQ community. I've been so busy hiding that part of myself that I've never sat down and talked to them about it. That was something I'm going to have to rectify real soon.