Chapter 8

Chapter 8

(Jaxon's Bedroom in the White House)

Jaxon

It felt like a class of amatuer music students were banging on drums and smashing cymbals together in my head. Instead of the volume decreasing, it got progressively louder the more conscious I became. Tentatively, I dared to open one eye and saw nothing but the familiar surroundings of my darkened sitting room. The other eye popped open and a groan left my lips as I attempted to roll over on the couch I was lying on. Holy mother of god, what did I do to myself last night to garner such misery this morning? Is it morning? Damn, what time is it?

Drawing a deep breath, my parched throat and dry mouth protested as I pulled my aching body upright. My blurry eyes made out the bottle of Aspirin and the glass of water sitting on the coffee table like a gift from the hangover gods above. I sluggishly reached for the bottle and popped the cap, shook two pills into the palm of my hand, and grabbed the glass of water from the table. Throwing the pills in my mouth, I followed them with a healthy gulp of water that tasted like liquid relief to my cotton mouth and inflamed throat.

Setting the water back on the table, I flopped back on the sofa and half heartedly attempted to untangle my legs from the blanket that was twisted around my body. The hell, when did I have time or the wherewithal to get a blanket last night? My mind flashed through the memories of my activities yesterday and last night. I recalled fulfilling my office obligations early in order to wish David a farewell at his impromptu party in the Green Room. I recalled Chenille's busy body interference in my private life, a part of my life she has no business being in. I had to admit that drowning my emotions in alcohol wasn't one of the smartest moves I've made in a while.

After trying to rub some feeling back into my face, I realized that I was still fully dressed except for shoes. With a flip of wrist, I checked my watch and an unmanly squeak of surprise leaked past my lips. It was almost 4:30 a.m. I was supposed to be in the gym an half an hour ago. I slowly stood up holding my arms out just to make sure I kept my balance as my world spun for a few seconds. Once everything righted itself, I looked around for cell phone while patting my pockets searching for the device.

Just as I turned around to check the table behind the sofa, my bathroom door opened and a blast of steam billowed into the room. The scent of my shampoo and something so mouth watering delectable assaulted my senses and almost brought me to my knees. My shocked gaze focused on the figure standing in my bathroom's doorway and dear lord, I couldn't look away from the man of my life depended on it.

Agent Carter stood there wearing nothing but a pair of nylon gym shorts. His wide, muscular chest was bare and so were those sinfully sculpted ridges of his abdomen. There was a splattering of dark hair covering those awesome pecs. My eyes followed the trail of hair leading down his abbs to that prominent V on full display by the low slung waistband of his shorts. My cock instantly plumped up behind the zipper of my slacks, and the life of me I couldn't move. I stood there, rooted to the spot staring at the man like some addle brained simpleton.

Those shimmering green orbs held me captive as he wickedly smirked at me. The stare off between us was only broken when the man raised a muscular arm over his head and started to dry his dark, damp curls with the towel in his hand. I tried to swallow the lump of raw desire that formed in my throat as I watched those muscles flex with the action of him rubbing his hair. Beads of water still clung to his wide shoulders and fuck...My tongue ran over the curve of my bottom lip with the urge to walk over to the agent and lick him dry.

My breath caught in my throat when the man lowered the towel and captured my gaze one again. A knowing, smug smirk pulled at his gorgeous, kissable lips as he slowly stalked way across the carpet. My brain kept screaming at me to move. To act like he wasn't causing me to have a full body meltdown at just the mere sight of him half naked, in my room, smelling like the soap I used on my body everyday. His body chemistry made the fragrant body wash smell ten times better though, and god, my cock was throbbing in time with my elevated heartbeat by the time the man came to a stop right in front of me.