Chapter 1

A soft, cool breeze made a beautiful mess inside a wide field with a large, white jasmine tree in its middle. The field had flowers varying in colors and because of its simple elegance, it could bring tranquility to those who would visit. It had become popular because of it and eventually, they named it the Sanctuary Garden.

Below the tree was a gravestone and it looked fairly recent. This place was never a cemetery so there had to be a reason for its existence. It looked lonely, though.

Until someone approached it — a woman.

She had blonde hair tied into a high ponytail with baby blue eyes; her overall physique and he way she dressed concluded her to be a middle-aged adult. the maturity of her face complemented the sharpness of her jawline and pointed nose.

The woman knelt down and gently placed a bouquet of primroses on it and if the headstone had eyes, it could see both the calmness and nonchalance at the same time painting across her face. There was a glimmer in her eyes that was difficult to decipher but she had that soft smile as she stared down at the epitaph.

She spoke: "Hey, it has been a long time huh?"

She then sat beside the grave and peered through the beauty of the garden, "Just as I thought, this place never changed. Still beautiful. How have you been?"

She received no answer and she knew that would be impossible. A deep sigh escaped her lips as her mind began to wander, "I know. I must be crazy talking to you like this but, I wonder what you have been up to." 

And just then, something sparked within the blonde's mind, causing her to look back at the grave.

"Do you still remember?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nozomi!!!" A raven-haired girl rushed towards the purple-haired girl who was arranging a couple of boxes inside a shop. The purple-haired then turned her head to look at the other girl.

"Ah Nicocchi! What is it?"

"Hey, Rin and the others were inviting us to watch movies this Saturday! You up?" Nico smiled and Nozomi shook her head to decline.

"I have work on Saturday, maybe next time?" Nozomi replied at Nico who pouted.

"Daawwww fine. When are you free then?"

Nozomi hummed as she placed an index and a thumb below her chin, "How about next Saturday?"

"Deal! You keep your word! So how's work going on?" Nico then looked around, seeing clothes hung around their shelves.

"It is going steady!~" The purple-haired giggled.

"You work really hard even while your boss is away. Have you gotten enough time for yourself? Don't you have a girlfriend or something?" Nico raised an eyebrow and Nozomi blushed.