Chapter 2

The next morning, as Bethany got ready to go with her father, she thought of how fun it would be to meet somebody else. She was a little nervous, but excited at the same time. She couldn't wait to leave.

Bethany'sDad:"Alright Beth you ready?"

Bethany:"As I'll ever be!" And they left. Nathan didn't live too far away from Bethany and her parents. So it wasn't a long drive. Another thing Bethany loved was taking drives and seeing all the sights. It was just so beautiful. So much to take in. There was no place she would rather live. 

Bethany'sDad:"Oh and Nathan also has a house in front of the ocean. So you don't have to travel anywhere to surf. That is, if you don't want to." When they arrived, Bethany and her father walked out and up to the front door. They knocked.

Nathan:"Heyyy! My man! Oh and his beautiful daughter! Come on in!" Nathan was very friendly. "So I hear you are Bethany, am I right?"

Bethany:*laughs*"Yes!"

Nathan:"Well Bethany it is very nice to meet you. I've known your dad for a while. And I also hear you surf too?"

Bethany:"That is correct. I love surfing!"

Nathan:"Well than that's a good thing because my son Daniel, also really likes surfing. He's in the back. C'mon follow me. I'll get you two acquainted." They walked out to the back. It was pretty much a backyard beach. Which Bethany had no problem with."Daniel, this is Bethany." Daniel was shirtless. Bethany said hi.

Nathan:"She's the daughter of a friend of mine. She surfs too. Figured I'd introduce you two to each-other. Bethany, Daniel. Daniel, Bethany. Alright well I'll be inside talking to Bethany's father and you two can get to know eachother a bit. Good?"

Bethany:"Good." And Nathan walked inside. Bethany thought Daniel was very cute. She also thought he had a very nice body. 

Daniel:"Hey. So how old are you?"

Bethany:"17. What about you?"

Daniel:"I'm also 17. So you surf?"

Bethany:"Yeah. Love it."

Daniel:"Hmm. Wanna go to a really nice spot to surf at?" Bethany got excited and said:"sure!" Daniel went into the house to ask his dad, and Bethany's to see if she was allowed to go. Their dads had no problem with it. Daniel loaded Bethany's board into the back of his dad's truck. He got the keys hopped in. Bethany got in and shut the door.

Bethany:"You have a license?"

Daniel:"Nah but my dad trusts me. I've driven this truck so many times." She trusted him. She knew his dad wouldn't let him drive if he didn't drive safe. They drove down a road that Bethany didn't know, she didn't worry. They finally pulled up to a somewhat hidden beach. Bethany could already see how amazing the waves were. She couldn't wait. She stared out at the beach.

Bethany:"Wow...." Daniel smiled. He helped her unload her board before unloading his own. Bethany immediately ran to the water,paddled out, and waited. Daniel came up in front of her. As a wave started forming, Bethany got ready to paddle again, but Daniel stopped her.

Daniel:"Not yet. Just wait." And so she waited. As Daniel predicted, it was a small wave. When there were no signs of waves Daniel started paddling forward. Bethany was confused, until she saw what he was going towards. A huge wave was forming. She watched as Daniel went under. She didn't see him for a minute, and got worried. Until he showed up in the pipeline. Bethany was mesmerized.

Bethany:"Yeah! Go Daniel! *laughs*" Daniel was an amazing surfer. He paddled his way back to Bethany. 

Bethany:"Oh my god! That was amazing! Wow!" They were laughing.

Daniel:*laughs*"Thanks. Hey I'm sure your not too bad either." Bethany took that as a signal and started moving towards a wave. She went under and in a couple seconds came back up. She showed most of what she knew. Daniel was impressed. They surfed for about an hour more until they headed back to Daniel's house.

Bethany:"That was really fun. Thanks for bringing me there."

Daniel:"Hey my pleasure. Well, it was nice meeting you. You're a pretty good surfer."

Bethany:"Thanks and you're amazing. Will I see you again sometime?"

Daniel:"Yeah sure!. Bye!"

Bethany:"Bye!" And she got into her father's truck. She really liked how quick her and Daniel became friends. She told herself that she would ask him to show her some stuff. He definitely knew more than she did. 

Bethany'sDad:" So did you have a good time?"

Bethany:"Yeah it was fun. Daniel's really nice. He's a really good surfer too." Bethany's dad smiled. When they got home, Bethany immediately grabbed her board and practiced. She sceduled to practice with Tasia the next day.