Chapter 10

Bethany's P.O.V.-

When Daniel picked me up and I got in his truck, I didn't know what to do or say. I was slightly guilty about yelling at him the other day. But he seemed normal. As if it never happened. Neither of us said anything until we got to the beach. The beaches were the only private places my friends (Joe,Tasia, Daniel) and I had. We never went to extremely popular ones because we always liked being alone. Daniel and I sat down towards the water and watched the waves.

Daniel:"So......are you.....ok?" I sighed and looked over at him. 

Me:"Yeah I guess. I just wouldn't have been that mad if you had at least told me." He looked back toward the water. We sat there for at least 6 more minutes until he spoke again.

Daniel:"Well, I'm not with her anymore. When I met you, I was completely focused on you. Not my girlfriend. Well my ex-girlfriend now." 

Me:"Wait, you were.....breaking....up...with her?" He nodded and right away I felt even more guilty. I looked down."I'm so sorry. I thought you were still together and myabe you two were just arguing. I didn't know you were breaking up with her. I just. I just didn't want to......lose you...." He sat closer to me and put his hand on my knee. And then he did something I thought he would never do. Like I said, he was unpredictable. He laid me back in the sand. His hand was on my waist.

Me:"Daniel. What are y-" He kissed me. 

Daniel:"Don't say anything." We then did something that I myself thought I would never do. (I was kind of a goody-goody) We made out. Right there on the beach. A full moon shining. My mind cleared of everything. I had lost all focus on anything other than him. I wasn't nervous or surprised whenever his lips left mine and landed on my neck. It actually made me breath out loud. Not quite moaning, but pretty close. It was like a weak spot. When we decided we were finished, (which happened to be longer than I expected, but that was fine with me) we laid there for a moment and gazed into eachother's eyes. We laughed quietly for a second, but never ruined the mood. I wanted to lay there with him forever. I didn't want to go home, I didn't want to leave the warm sand. While we were making out, he had been between my legs. (He never tried to pull anything). He got off and laid next to me. I looked down to see that my body curved into his as if it were meant to be there. I sighed.

Me:"Ughh I don't want to go home." He looked at me.

Daniel:"Do you want to come to my house and sleep there?" I thought about it.

Me:"Sure. But you have to bring me back to my house to get my stuff." He agreed and we got up and left. As we were walking he held my hand and swung it back and forth gently. Out of nowhere he locked his arm with mine and sang: We're off to see the wizard! The wonderful wizard of oz! I laughed.

Me:"You're such a fag!" He looked over.

Daniel:"If I'm a fag then why did I just make out with you?" I got quiet and he started laughing. He knew that he had just won. 

Me:"Well played young sir." We reached the truck and drove to my house to get my things. He waited while I went inside. My mom was cooking dinner.

Mom:"Hey sweetie how did it go?"

Me:"Good. Can I sleep at Daniel's house tonight?" My dad immediately got up. I got ready for a lecture.

Dad:"Wait, a.....boy? You want to sleep at a.....boy's house?"

Mom:"Honey, let her. She knows how to handle herself and how to handle a boy if he tries to pull something." She smiled. Well that was easy enough. I ran to my room to get my stuff. I put it in a little bag, said bye to my parents, and walked out to the truck. 

Daniel:"All set?" I nodded and we drove off. As we drove past some of the beaches, I watched the waves hit the shore. The moonlight glistening off of the water. Daniel's hand was on my leg, with the other on the wheel. When we got to his house, we immediately went to his room. His dad was at work. Daniel told me he worked usually until 11:30. After both of us got changed, (well after got changed because he only had to change his pants and take his shirt off) we laid on his bed. I felt his arm around me. Of course, I blushed. This time, he pointed it out.

Daniel:"Why are you blushing? Literally almost everytime I look at you your face is red!" He giggled.

Me:"Oh gee I wonder why. And you've noticed all those times?!"

Daniel:"Yeah!" I got up, turned the light off, and laid my head on his chest. His fingers ran across my arm. I fell asleep shortly after.