♤Prelude♤

It was the first day of school and I was running late.

  I had five minutes to get to class and I didn't even know where it was. Today marks the first day of me being a junior and I couldn't have a late on the first day of school.

  I was pushing and shoving through the hall of packed kids. They were standing in the hall and not even trying to move even when they saw people like me hurrying to get the class.

  "Excuse me." I said loudly, with a lot of attitude mind you. I already don't like these people and they're only making it worse for themselves.

  The girl hurriedly stepped out of my way, pressing herself against the wall. As I was hurrying away I heard her mumble, "Damn."

  I ignored her and pushed through a set of wooden double doors to the staircase.

  I wasn't paying attention and because of my hurrying, I ended up smacking into somebody, "I'm sorry." I say hurriedly as the person caught me by the waist, holding us both up from falling.

  I looked up and my lips parted in shock. Oh my God. My hands were pressed between us against his abdomen and I made no move to pull away. I didn't want to to be honest. Oh wow.

  It was him. I didn't know him, but I see him around and when I do, I stare until he's out of sight. That's is no doubt creepy. He never notices me though, which is a good thing sometimes. I could be standing right next to him and staring into his face and he still wouldn't notice me. I knew nothing about him, but he was just so attractive, that I couldn't help but be fascinated by him.

"Hi." I squeak and gulped. If I could, I'd be blushing right now and hard. I could feel my face, ears, and the back of my neck getting uncomfortably hot, while he looked all calm and collected as if this is the norm. He didn't even looked flushed or anything.

His pink lips twitched up into an amused smile, "Hi." I almost swooned.

  You're embarrassing yourself you big fuck!

  "Yeah, I'm just gonna-" I cut myself off from my rambling and pulled away from him and practically sprinting down the steps without looking back.

  Once I was down the stairs and safely on the first floor, I was under the staircase, leaning against the wall and taking deep breaths with my eyes closed. I placed a hand on my chest, feeling my heart beating erratically under my palm.

  I could care less about being late now. He frickin touched me! And he smiled!

  I bit down on my lip to hold back a smile. He doesn't know, but he just made my year.

  With a smile and my adrenaline still rushing through me, I made my way into the hall in search of my class.