♠Chapter 15♠

♠CHRIS♠

 And just like that, she was back to square one. Back to a hospital bed and being drugged up because of how much pain she's in.

 I was scared to be honest. When I saw her lying there on the ground, I thought the worst and I couldn't help it. And when the ambulance came and finally got her minutes before she passed out, I found myself skipping school again.

 I knew my mom was gonna be pissed, but I needed this. So I was in the hospital again. I thought I was gonna be done with them for a while, but obviously not. But this was the last time, I'm sure of it. This attachment I've forged with her was going to get me killed.

 It didn't take long this time to get to see her. They just had to tend to her wound and drug her up a little, but standing next to her bed, I could tell that they'd drugged her up a whole hell of a lot.

 “-they was plannin it, man,” she slurred out, her eyes low and staring up at her mom who shook her head but was holding back a smile.

 “Really?” She retorted.

 “Yeah, man!” She said loudly and I choked on a laugh, “They been plottin on me. I knew dem nigg-”

 “Hey, watch it,” her mom cut her off, but a grin split across my face and I reached up to cover my mouth to hide it.

 “They tried to kill me, momma!” She shouted, lifting a hand up lazily at her mom, “They-They been wanna take mah life and you tellin me to watch? Watch what? Whatchu said?” She turned her head toward her.

 Her mom shook her head with a low laugh, “You so damn lucky.”

 “I knew they ain neva like me, but ion like em much eitha. So they jumped me bruh. They- they a bunch a puss-”

 “Lil girl,” her mom cuts her off again.

 She turns to her, her eyes low, “Yeeerr?”

 I snickered as her mom grinned a little.

 Then she looked over at me, “Who you?”

 I grinned, “Chris. I'm your best friend.” I told her. She has a hard time accepting and admitting that fact so let's see how this is gonna go.

 Her eyebrows furrowed, “Best friend?” She slurred out and I nodded, “You look like mah husband.”

 I couldn't help the loud laugh that came out of me.

 “Lord…” Her mom muttered.

 “Wh-Why you laughin for?” She asked then looked over at her mom, “He mah husband right?”

 Her mom shook her head, “He's not your husband.”

 “But you mah momma,” she stated.

 I had no idea how she got that connection.

 “Yeah.”

 “And he mah husband.” She looks back over at me.

 “No.”

 “So why you here then?” She asked.

 “Cause we're friends,” I told her with a grin.

 She rolled her eyes and I'm sure she forgot how to stop for a second. Then she started making a noise in the back of her throat.

 “What does that mean?” I laughed.

 “It means,” she said after a couple seconds of still rolling her eyes, “you talkin a load a booooty!”